About This Forum This is the place to ask any questions on this forum or how this forum works. Also for leaving feedback or suggestions on this forum.

GSM Alarm Help needed

Old September 23rd 10, 03:32 PM
Novocastrian Novocastrian is offline
Junior Member

Default GSM Alarm Help needed

I bought a GSM Alarm for use on my boat (not bad for GBP128 from China) and all works well, except I can't get the images to be sent via MMS or email to my HTC HD2 on Vodafone.

Here it is:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWNX:IT

The alarm sends me an SMS and follows up with a call so I can listen in to the action (I hope it never happens!). The images it takes via a camera are saved to the SD card in the control box so I can access them when I get to the boat. However, it would be helpful if an image could be sent to me via MMS, as the unit is supposed to do. I am using an ASDA PAYG SIM taken from a mobile I no longer use and it appears to have MMS functionality according to the Asda mobile website.

I'm stumped as to why it doesn't send an MMS. These are the settings I am asked to put in to the control unit (along with the info that I "THINK" is right).

Any assistance appreciated:
Set access point (APN): asdamobiles.co.uk
Set MMS User Name: wap
Set MMS Pasword: wap
Set MMS Centre IP address: 212.183.137.12
Set Port of MMS cent 9201
Set MMS Homepage (MMS Home): www.asdamobile.com/wap

Regards
Ken

Last edited by Novocastrian : September 23rd 10 at 03:35 PM.