Tmobile "Deposit" Outrage!

Old May 18th 04, 11:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
Simon G

Default Tmobile "Deposit" Outrage!

Went online the other night to the official TMobile site and ordered a SL55
on Everyone 100. Credit check went through ok, but I got a call this
morning telling me that I had to pay 100 deposit before they would give me
the phone, and that the deposit would be refunded after 3 or 6 months (to
make sure I paid the bills)

I already have 2 orange contracts but wanted to get shot of one of them for
a lower tariff and newer phone.

Anyway, I went into town to Carphone warehouse and they told me that they
use their own section of Tmobile and that it was worth a try. Low and
behold 30 minutes later and I was walking out with a V600 :-) Not only that
but apparently my credit rating was that good that I could have had a second
phone too.

Why did Tmobile ask for the deposit but CPW didnt?

Baffled me.

Cheers
Simon

Old May 19th 04, 07:00 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
Dave Topping

"Simon G" I dont think so! wrote in message
[...]

Don't fall for the scam.

I had this about three years ago. The 100 deposit wasn't returned to me by
cheque, they credited to my account - which wasn't what I wanted as it took
several months to use up that much credit.

newsgroups at davetopping.com

Old May 19th 04, 01:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

"Dave Topping" wrote in message

[...]

This is very bizarre - I hear more and more about this by the day!!

I would never take out a new contract directly through T-Mobile (shop or
CS/website) because for some reason they're decisions are almost always
different to indepenedent retaillers.

CPW never take automatic deposits on T-Mobile or Orange (it's either a
straight accept or decline), but if it comes back as a referral (i.e. the
automatic check does not return a result for whatever the reason), they
reserve the right to ask for a deposit before manually approving the credit
appilcation.

Hope this helps,

--
Antz,
Part of the UKtm family.

---
This message is certified Virus Free.

Old May 19th 04, 06:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
Simon G

I dunno,

Still nevermind, like i said in the original post, CPW gave me a V600 on
Tmobile with no hassles at all.

Cheers
Simon