Contracts, do you get to keep the phone at the end?

Old May 30th 04, 07:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
Chogaire

Default Contracts, do you get to keep the phone at the end?

I'm currently on PAYG but thinking of getting a small use contract with my
current provider, O2. I find their site a bit hard to navigate, so I'm just
wondering what's in the small print as regards who owns the phone at the end
of a contract. I suppose this may be a general question on contract phones
in general, with all networks? So basically, when the contract is up and
people talk of 'upgrading'.....does that mean you get to keep your old
phone, or do you have to give it back to the company in order to get the
upgrade?

I guess it sounds like a dumb question, but I've never even researched a
contract till now, so I wouldn't have a clue.

Thanks.

Old May 30th 04, 07:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
Richard Colton

"Chogaire" wrote in message
I'm currently on PAYG but thinking of getting a small use contract with my
current provider, O2. I find their site a bit hard to navigate, so I'm

just
wondering what's in the small print as regards who owns the phone at the

end
of a contract. I suppose this may be a general question on contract phones
in general, with all networks? So basically, when the contract is up and
people talk of 'upgrading'.....does that mean you get to keep your old
phone, or do you have to give it back to the company in order to get the
upgrade?

I guess it sounds like a dumb question, but I've never even researched a
contract till now, so I wouldn't have a clue.

Always better to ask first rather than grumble later. ;-)

The handset generally forms no part of the contract, and is yours to do with
as you wish at any time.

HTH

--
Unlock Your Phone's Potential
http://www.uselessinfo.org.uk

Old May 30th 04, 10:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
Knowlege is powder

"Chogaire" wrote in message
[...]

Its nice to see someone reply with courtesy on Usenet for a change, rather
that the usual rudeness that some people come by when they see a newbie like
this.

Well done ZoŽ I suppose someone will say this is off topic now.

Old May 30th 04, 10:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
Peter

On Sun, 30 May 2004 19:25:44 +0100, "Chogaire"
wrote:

I'm currently on PAYG but thinking of getting a small use contract with my
current provider, O2. I find their site a bit hard to navigate, so I'm just
wondering what's in the small print as regards who owns the phone at the end
of a contract. I suppose this may be a general question on contract phones
in general, with all networks? So basically, when the contract is up and
people talk of 'upgrading'.....does that mean you get to keep your old
phone, or do you have to give it back to the company in order to get the
upgrade?

I guess it sounds like a dumb question, but I've never even researched a
contract till now, so I wouldn't have a clue.

Thanks.

The phone is yours to do with as you wish from the start of the
contract
--
Cheers

Peter

Remove the INVALID to reply
Old May 30th 04, 11:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
Richard Colton

"Knowlege is powder" noyouc@ant wrote in message
snip
Its nice to see someone reply with courtesy on Usenet for a change, rather
that the usual rudeness that some people come by when they see a newbie

like
this.

Well done ZoŽ I suppose someone will say this is off topic now.

Just curious, but who's Zoe?

Old May 31st 04, 08:34 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
Knowlege is powder

"Richard Colton" wrote in message

"Knowlege is powder" noyouc@ant wrote in message
snip
Its nice to see someone reply with courtesy on Usenet for a change,

rather
that the usual rudeness that some people come by when they see a newbie

like
this.

Well done ZoŽ I suppose someone will say this is off topic now.

Just curious, but who's Zoe?

I don't know where I got that from I meant Chogaire