Phone Insurance (Policy Admin Services Ltd)

Old August 14th 03, 03:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
Ben Rothwell

Default Phone Insurance (Policy Admin Services Ltd)

Ive got an insurance policy (soon to be cancelled) with Policy
Administration Services (part of Phones4U - Cauldwell Group) and a couple of
weeks ago my phone was stolen from my car.

Well, after having me send off a cheque for 50 and promptly cashing it,
they write to me telling me they need proof of forced entry in order to pay
out.

Now I would have thought a couple of photos showing the damage would be
fine, or maybe the evidence of the copper (oh no I forgot, no one ever
visited me from Her Majesties Finest...)

No, instead I have to send them a quote or a bill for the locks being fixed.
Now that is a right royal pain in the 'arris. I wasnt really planning on
getting them fixed by a garage (since my Motor Insurance company are another
member of this elite cabal that likes to take money and never give it back)
but rather fix them myself.

Seems I cant do that now.

Arseholes.

Old August 14th 03, 06:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
Webmaster

Ben Rothwell reckoned that:
Seems I cant do that now.
Arseholes.

So drop the claim, cancel your policy (saving how much per year?) get your
50 back and you could probably afford to buy SIM-free to replace your
phone.
--
www.unlockingshop.co.uk
Motorola remote unlocking - 10.
Old August 14th 03, 08:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
Ben Rothwell

"Reestit Mutton" wrote in message
A police crime number should suffice. They are just playing silly
buggers with you if they don't accept that at face value. If you chose
not to report it to the police within 24 hours of noticing, then more
fool you.

Incidentally, I wouldn't even go down this road if I were you as, once
you've paid to get the locks fixed, they will then insist on being
supplied with your crime reference number so you'll end up right royally
out of pocket.

Go to your nearst constabulary NOW and get the whole event recorded in
her majesty's books for posterity before it's too late. Then supply the
insurance company with the reference number and tell them to ask the
police themselves about the damage done to your car.

RM

I have already given them a crime reference number!

Ben

Old August 17th 03, 05:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
Phil

"Ben Rothwell" wrote in message ...
[...]

How does getting a quote from a garage stop you from fixing the locks yourself?????
Old August 17th 03, 07:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
Mick

[...]

Thet are only asking for a quote aren't they?
Get a quote from your local friendly garage, and present them with that.

I think a crime ref. number should surely be enough, but if they are being
stubborn, give them what they want.
It'll cost you no more to do so.

Mick.