UK mobile number prefixes

Old July 4th 05, 07:25 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
Simon43

Default UK mobile number prefixes

Does anyone know where I can get a list of UK mobile number prefixes,
where it's indicated whether the prefix is Pay As You Go or monthly
account?

In fact, I don't even know if the mobile networks keep PAYG and monthly
account numbers on separate prefixes, or whether they just mix them all
together!

Simon

Old July 4th 05, 08:10 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
Phil Thompson

On 4 Jul 2005 00:25:11 -0700, "Simon43"
wrote:

In fact, I don't even know if the mobile networks keep PAYG and monthly
account numbers on separate prefixes, or whether they just mix them all
together!

number portability will also rain on your parade, if someone takes a
PAYG number to contract or vice versa (or to another network)

Phil
--
spamcop.net address commissioned 18/06/04
Come on down !
Old July 4th 05, 08:10 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
Henry

Simon43 wrote:
Does anyone know where I can get a list of UK mobile number prefixes,
where it's indicated whether the prefix is Pay As You Go or monthly
account?

In fact, I don't even know if the mobile networks keep PAYG and monthly
account numbers on separate prefixes, or whether they just mix them all
together!

Simon

If it did exist? it wouldnt be of much use to you because of people
porting there numbers!!!

Old July 4th 05, 10:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
Andy Pandy

"Simon43" wrote in message
oups.com...
Does anyone know where I can get a list of UK mobile number prefixes,
where it's indicated whether the prefix is Pay As You Go or monthly
account?

In fact, I don't even know if the mobile networks keep PAYG and monthly
account numbers on separate prefixes, or whether they just mix them all
together!

Well, may not be any use to you but this is the list used by BT to determine how
much they charge:

http://www.serviceview.bt.com/list/c....boo/16311.htm

It lists all 07 prefixes, not just mobile numbers, so ignore those before 077...

fm1 is O2, fm3 is T-Mobile, fm4 is Orange, fm5 is Vodafone, fm6 is 3. Not sure
what fm2 is. There's no distinction between PAYG and contract, and ported
numbers get charged as per the original network by BT and (I think) all landline
telcos.

--
Andy

Old July 4th 05, 10:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
Ivor Jones

"Simon43" wrote in message
oups.com...
Does anyone know where I can get a list of UK mobile number prefixes,
where it's indicated whether the prefix is Pay As You Go or monthly
account?

You can't.

In fact, I don't even know if the mobile networks keep PAYG and monthly
account numbers on separate prefixes, or whether they just mix them all
together!

They do. Number portability also has a bearing on it - one of my Orange
contract numbers was once on Vodafone PAYG..!

Ivor