Orange PAYG balance by text...?

Old November 15th 05, 01:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
derek thompson

Default Orange PAYG balance by text...?

For those times when it's not convenient to call the 453 number to get the
voice prompt, is there a way of finding out your balance with a text
response?

Cheers.

Old November 15th 05, 01:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
Mike GW8IJT

"derek thompson" wibble wrote in message
For those times when it's not convenient to call the 453 number to get

the
voice prompt, is there a way of finding out your balance with a text
response?

Cheers.

On my Nokia 3510i, I go to the Orange menu then the Payasyougo submenu
and select it from there. Then I get a text message back showing the
balance.
Don't know about other phones, though.
Regards Mike.

--
The best thing about Christmas is when it's over.

Old November 15th 05, 01:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
Phoner

derek thompson wrote:
For those times when it's not convenient to call the 453 number to get the
voice prompt, is there a way of finding out your balance with a text
response?

Cheers.

Only if you have a new 'blue' SIM card with Orange Plus in the sub
menu.

Old November 15th 05, 02:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
Shak

"derek thompson" wibble wrote in message
For those times when it's not convenient to call the 453 number to get the
voice prompt, is there a way of finding out your balance with a text
response?

While I was abroad PAYG users used a *xxx# code to check their balances.
Seems like a good idea - why isn't it implemented here?

Shak

Old November 15th 05, 04:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
derek thompson

Phoner wrote in message
oups.com...

derek thompson wrote:
For those times when it's not convenient to call the 453 number to get

the
voice prompt, is there a way of finding out your balance with a text
response?

Cheers.

Only if you have a new 'blue' SIM card with Orange Plus in the sub
menu.

The sim card is blue and I get an 'Orange Plus' menu, but the only entries
are Call Orange (every option asks for confirmation to dial a number) and
Information. Info has 3 sub options Sport/Lifestyle/Finance, but none of
those contain anything resembling a balance check. :-(

Oh well. It's no biggie. Thanks for the reponses though.

Old November 15th 05, 05:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
sean

Shak wrote:
"derek thompson" wibble wrote in message

For those times when it's not convenient to call the 453 number to get the
voice prompt, is there a way of finding out your balance with a text
response?

While I was abroad PAYG users used a *xxx# code to check their balances.
Seems like a good idea - why isn't it implemented here?

Shak

It is on o2 and vodafone.......... i think
Old November 15th 05, 05:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
Jon

"derek thompson" wibble declared for all the world to hear...
For those times when it's not convenient to call the 453 number to get the
voice prompt, is there a way of finding out your balance with a text
response?

Only if you have an Orange+ SIM. All SIMs issued in the last 12-15
months are + capable, and the SIM has to be in a handset which supports
SIM application toolkit.

If your phone has a menu called "Orange" or "SIM" you might be in luck.
--
Regards
Jon
Old November 16th 05, 05:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
Ivor Jones

"Phoner" wrote in message
oups.com
derek thompson wrote:
For those times when it's not convenient to call the
453 number to get the voice prompt, is there a way of
finding out your balance with a text response?

Cheers.

Only if you have a new 'blue' SIM card with Orange Plus
in the sub menu.

I have one of those but the option for balance display isn't there. It
used to be but was removed with a SIM update. Any way to get it back..?

Ivor

Old November 16th 05, 05:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
Ivor Jones

"Jon" wrote in message
et
"derek thompson" wibble declared for all the world to
hear...
For those times when it's not convenient to call the
453 number to get the voice prompt, is there a way of
finding out your balance with a text response?

Only if you have an Orange+ SIM. All SIMs issued in the
last 12-15 months are + capable, and the SIM has to be in
a handset which supports SIM application toolkit.

If your phone has a menu called "Orange" or "SIM" you
might be in luck.

My PAYG SIM used to have the option but it was removed with a SIM update
some months ago, I don't know why. Any way to get it back..?

I still think the *10# option on O2 is the easiest to use though.

Ivor