Movistar Activa Top-up in the UK

Old September 8th 03, 09:18 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Default Movistar Activa Top-up in the UK

Dan wrote:

Christopher L J Francis wrote:
Does anyone know where I can top this up in the UK?

Or a website that I can do this on which is in English?

It is very easy to top-up in Spain when I am out there, but I do not speak
enough Spanish to do it from the UK.

I'm not sure if it'll work (it may only work with a *Spanish* credit
card), but...

- Go to http://www.terra.es/recarga_moviles/
- Put your phone number in and you'll get a PIN (clave) sent by SMS
which will work on the next step.
- I'm not sure what it is as I don't have a Movistar SIM, but copying
and pasting text into http://babelfish.altavista.com/ may translate
enough for you.

The other methods listed on the Movistar website look like they won't
work while you're abroad or if you haven't set them up before.

It appears to be Spanish Only Dan - I tried it when my Activa SIM needed
topping up earlier in the year - you'll get the SMS back allowing you to
progress on the terra web page but I never got a confirming SMS with an
updated balance nor was my card charged. Seems the only way is when in
Spain - or at least with a code/card from Spain. I managed to get a top
up code from somebody who helped me out and sent it over to me as my
balance expiry was between visits and I like/try to get maximum validity
from each top up - I was able to top up with that code by dialing
customer services from here in the UK though without a problem. I got
a new balance SMS pretty much staright away.

Also worth remembering that Activa balance validity is now 6 months
rather than the previous 9