Blocking SMS/calls from specific numbers

Old September 21st 06, 03:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Default Blocking SMS/calls from specific numbers

Is there a phone on the market which lets the user set up a "block"
list. What I want is for text messages from certain numbers to be
deleted unread, and ideally phone calls not to ring.

Old September 21st 06, 04:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
mafustokes

I don't know of any phones that have this function. I've looked into
this a few weeks back, my operator Vodafone UK said they couldn't do it
either. Maybe there is some software that'll do the job. I use a
symbian phone which would probably be the best bet for this type of
program (plenty apps for symbian) - if such a program exists that is.

Old September 21st 06, 04:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
mafustokes

I don't know of any phones that have this function. I've looked into
this a few weeks back, my operator Vodafone UK said they couldn't do it
either. Maybe there is some software that'll do the job. I use a
symbian phone which would probably be the best bet for this type of
program (plenty apps for symbian) - if such a program exists that is.

Not sure about blocking numbers though - the above is regarding sms
blocking.

Old September 21st 06, 04:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Actually, having done a search of the Google archive I've found a
reference to the Samsung D500 being able to block text messages. Can
anyone confirm that it can do this? Or any other Samsung phones?

Old September 23rd 06, 09:14 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

wrote:
Is there a phone on the market which lets the user set up a "block"
list. What I want is for text messages from certain numbers to be
deleted unread, and ideally phone calls not to ring.

I can confirm that my D500 has a menu option to block up to 10 SMS
numbers. I've never used this function, but it would seem logical that
the handset would not ring, and the message would not need to be
deleted, as it would be blocked before hitting your inbox. The D500 is
a good phone overall, but the screen is vulnerable, and as a slider,
it's an awkward shape to get in a case.

D600, D900 are likely to have a similar feature, but I would check the
manual pdfs on the Samsung site to be sure.

O.

Old October 24th 06, 12:07 PM
dollface dollface is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by
Actually, having done a search of the Google archive I've found a
reference to the Samsung D500 being able to block text messages. Can
anyone confirm that it can do this? Or any other Samsung phones?
yes i had a d500 and you can def block text messages. you need to go to the text go into options and then block number. you shouldnt receive any more texts from that person. i have just got a new k800i, does anyone know if the same can be done? ive been looking in the phone and manual but no joy. ant ideas of how to block stupid junk texts???