Easymobile closing down

Old November 18th 06, 03:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
Jeremy Porteous

Default Easymobile closing down

"Lobster" wrote in message
I got a free EasyMobile simcard a few months back as a spare, which came
with about 20 quid's worth of free airtime IIRC - I've hardly used any of
it yet (so EM have now clawed back quite a bit due to lack of use). Have
never paid for any top-ups at all.

Does anyone know whether my current balance will be transferred if I was
to go with this CPW offer?

No, you'll get a Fresh SIM with £10 free credit. You will be refunded any
outstanding credit on the Easymobile SIM excluding any bonuses/referral fees
etc., so if you didn't pay for any of the airtime you won't get any money
back.

JP

Old November 18th 06, 09:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Steve Terry wrote:
"^^artnada^^" wrote in message

December 2006. Further details on this are contained in the attached
document.

snip

Dam, They lasted 3 months longer than I predicted
It's annoying when i get it that wrong

I'm frustrated that I will have to switch in mid-December. However, for
the whole of today (18/11/2006) I've had zero network coverage in the
middle of London!

Anyone else getting this? Have easymobile had the plug pulled on them?

This is frustrating as I have to be on-call for work and was planning
to organise a phone switch by the official cut-off date.

Ben.

Old November 24th 06, 01:06 PM
Anrian Anrian is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin²
TDC is successful in Denmark (and elsewhere..?) providing mobile calls at
flat rate of ~6p/min,
but they couldn't get down to that price here and now failed.
WHY ?
Regards,
Martin
Why? This is very interesting Q. Looks like it was big very well organized anti-easyGroup campaign and I have some thoughts WHO was behind it. It seems it's a very well known Web Reputation Management company acting on behalf of a very well-known UK mobile phone sales network.
Just look at this http://www.easy-mobiles.co.uk/
easyMobile tried to get to the top in search engines and lost - so did its whole business. Dog eat dog and I'm not surprised that there were many who were only happy to help it crash.