Two SIMS - one number Orange ?

Old September 17th 07, 08:13 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
AlanF

Default Two SIMS - one number Orange ?

Morning all

Quick one - before I waste my time launching myself on Orange CS.

I have two phone - one I leave in the car and one I take with me. Is it
possible to have two phones with a sim mapping to the same number?

Potentially both may be switched on simultaneously.

TIA

Cheers

Alan

Old September 17th 07, 01:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
Ivor Jones

"AlanF" wrote in message
.uk
: : Morning all
: :
: : Quick one - before I waste my time launching myself on
: : Orange CS.
: :
: : I have two phone - one I leave in the car and one I
: : take with me. Is it possible to have two phones with a
: : sim mapping to the same number?
: :
: : Potentially both may be switched on simultaneously.

Only if you're on a business tariff I believe.

Ivor

Old September 17th 07, 01:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
AlanF

Ivor Jones wrote:

"AlanF" wrote in message
.uk : : Morning all
: : : : Quick one - before I waste my time launching myself on
: : Orange CS. : : : : I have two phone - one I leave in the car and one I
: : take with me. Is it possible to have two phones with a
: : sim mapping to the same number? : : : : Potentially both may be
switched on simultaneously.

Only if you're on a business tariff I believe.

Ivor

H'm that's interesting as although strictly speaking I am a personal
customer as I have three SIM's registered to my account Orange appear to
treat me as a business customer.

Might give them a bell.

Many thanks

Regards

Alan
Old September 17th 07, 03:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
J B

"AlanF" wrote in message
. uk...

Orange appear to treat me as a business customer.

Might give them a bell.

Business customers can get to speak to a British human being (often) by
dialling 345 rather than 150.

--

J B

Old September 17th 07, 04:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
fellowscot

"J B" wrote in message
"AlanF" wrote in message
. uk...

Orange appear to treat me as a business customer.

Might give them a bell.

Business customers can get to speak to a British human being (often) by
dialling 345 rather than 150.

--

J B

Am I correct in saying two SIM cards with same number or do I have it
totally wrong?

Old September 17th 07, 05:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
Jon Pitts

"fellowscot" noone@home wrote in message

"AlanF" wrote in message
.uk...
Morning all

Quick one - before I waste my time launching myself on Orange CS.

I have two phone - one I leave in the car and one I take with me. Is it
possible to have two phones with a sim mapping to the same number?

Potentially both may be switched on simultaneously.

TIA

Cheers

Alan

No

Incorrect answer.

I'm "mobile" at the moment with only a GPRS connection for company so I
won't go trawling the Orange site for links, but "Single Number" is the
product you need.

As another poster has pointed out, there may be a requirement to be a
business customer.

Regards

Jon.

Old September 17th 07, 06:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
R. Mark Clayton

"AlanF" wrote in message
.uk...
Morning all

Quick one - before I waste my time launching myself on Orange CS.

I have two phone - one I leave in the car and one I take with me. Is it
possible to have two phones with a sim mapping to the same number?

Potentially both may be switched on simultaneously.

TIA

Cheers

Alan

Orange - No, unless there has been a very recent announcement.

Vodafone offer this.

Old September 17th 07, 06:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
Usenet User

On Sep 17, 7:00 pm, "R. Mark Clayton"
wrote:
"AlanF" wrote in message

.uk...

Morning all

Quick one - before I waste my time launching myself on Orange CS.

I have two phone - one I leave in the car and one I take with me. Is it
possible to have two phones with a sim mapping to the same number?

Potentially both may be switched on simultaneously.

TIA

Cheers

Alan

Orange - No, unless there has been a very recent announcement.

Vodafone offer this.

Wrong. Orange do offer this -- only to business customers.

See: http://www.business.orange.co.uk/ser...1359535 83381

Old September 18th 07, 11:24 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
R. Mark Clayton

ups.com...
wrote:
"AlanF" wrote in message

.uk...

Morning all

Quick one - before I waste my time launching myself on Orange CS.

I have two phone - one I leave in the car and one I take with me. Is it
possible to have two phones with a sim mapping to the same number?

Potentially both may be switched on simultaneously.

TIA

Cheers

Alan

Orange - No, unless there has been a very recent announcement.

Vodafone offer this.

Wrong. Orange do offer this -- only to business customers.

See:
http://www.business.orange.co.uk/ser...1359535 83381

Looks like they have been doing it for a year.