Multimedia Services

Old June 15th 08, 07:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
Alasdair

Default Multimedia Services

When I got my Orange bill for this month, I noticed a charge of 1.28
+ VAT in respect of "Multimedia Services Recd" From number 80138. I
called Orange billing and explained that I had ordered nothing by way
of Multimedia Services and I'd never heard of number 80138. The man
at Orange agreed to scrub the charge this once but I should take the
matter up with the company which originated the charge, a company
called Rojo Trading. I emailed Rojo Trading but have not received a
reply, surprise, surprise.

What puzzles me is how a company can put a charge on to my phone bill
without my knowledge or consent? How can I stop this happening in the
future?

--
Alasdair.
Old June 15th 08, 07:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
John[_15_]

"Alasdair" wrote in message
When I got my Orange bill for this month, I noticed a charge of 1.28
+ VAT in respect of "Multimedia Services Recd" From number 80138. I
called Orange billing and explained that I had ordered nothing by way
of Multimedia Services and I'd never heard of number 80138. The man
at Orange agreed to scrub the charge this once but I should take the
matter up with the company which originated the charge, a company
called Rojo Trading. I emailed Rojo Trading but have not received a
reply, surprise, surprise.

What puzzles me is how a company can put a charge on to my phone bill
without my knowledge or consent? How can I stop this happening in the
future?

--
Alasdair.

Try this:
Number checker
PhonepayPlus has the following information about the number 80138.

This is a shortcode number. This is a text message service charged at
premium rate. The types of services operating on this number can be ring
tones, jokes, games tarot, chat, mobile internet services (WAP) and more.
a.. This service costs 1.50 per text.
To stop the service you simply need to open a text with the words STOP ALL
(in capitals) to the shortcode number.If you would like to find out more
about this service or have a question about it you should contact the
company that provides this service which is listed below.

mBlox Ltd
1 Oliver's Yard
55-71 City Road
London
EC1Y 1HQ
Tel: 08712 230 000
and

If you want to make a complaint to PhonepayPlus or want to contact us about
this service please follow the steps here.

Want to find out more about Phone Paid Services.

PhonepayPlus endeavours to publish accurate information concerning the
services identified by its number checker. But it does not guarantee the
accuracy or the content of such information, and cannot be held liable for
any losses of any kind howsoever arising as a result of any reliance on, or
useage of, such information.

Old June 15th 08, 08:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
Steve Terry[_2_]

"Alasdair" wrote in message
When I got my Orange bill for this month, I noticed a charge of 1.28
+ VAT in respect of "Multimedia Services Recd" From number 80138. I
called Orange billing and explained that I had ordered nothing by way
of Multimedia Services and I'd never heard of number 80138. The man
at Orange agreed to scrub the charge this once but I should take the
matter up with the company which originated the charge, a company
called Rojo Trading. I emailed Rojo Trading but have not received a
reply, surprise, surprise.

What puzzles me is how a company can put a charge on to my phone bill
without my knowledge or consent? How can I stop this happening in the
future?
Alasdair.

Because all networks except T Mobile which has reverse charge text opt out.
Are happy the conspire to steal money from you, as is Ofcom.

It's gone on for years and is likely to go on for many more

Your solution is to move to T Mobile and enable reverse charge text opt out

Steve Terry

Old June 15th 08, 09:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
Alasdair

On Sun, 15 Jun 2008 21:51:16 +0100, "Steve Terry"
wrote:

Because all networks except T Mobile which has reverse charge text opt out.

With a reverse charge call, you are asked whether you accept the
charge. This doesn't seem to apply to reverse charge texts.

Can anyone send a reverse charge text or only people duly licensed by
Ofcom? It has to be a good little earner!!!!

--
alasdair.
Old June 15th 08, 10:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
Steve Terry[_2_]

wrote:

Because all networks except T Mobile which has reverse charge text opt
out.

With a reverse charge call, you are asked whether you accept the
charge. This doesn't seem to apply to reverse charge texts.

Can anyone send a reverse charge text or only people duly licensed by
Ofcom? It has to be a good little earner!!!!
alasdair.

Google is your friend for this endlessly discussed subject

T Mobile is your current solution

Steve Terry

Old June 17th 08, 06:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
TheMongKey

"John" wrote:

PhonepayPlus endeavours to publish accurate information concerning the
services identified by its number checker. But it does not guarantee the
accuracy or the content of such information, and cannot be held liable for
any losses of any kind howsoever arising as a result of any reliance on,

or
useage of, such information.

Hardly surprising that that they 'endeavour' but don't 'guarantee' seeing as
they're funded by the very industry they claim to regulate.

They should be rechristened PhonePhraud Plus.

TMK

Old July 3rd 08, 01:25 PM
Stephen Henly Stephen Henly is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alasdair View Post
When I got my Orange bill for this month, I noticed a charge of 1.28
+ VAT in respect of "Multimedia Services Recd" From number 80138. I
called Orange billing and explained that I had ordered nothing by way
of Multimedia Services and I'd never heard of number 80138. The man
at Orange agreed to scrub the charge this once but I should take the
matter up with the company which originated the charge, a company
called Rojo Trading. I emailed Rojo Trading but have not received a
reply, surprise, surprise.

What puzzles me is how a company can put a charge on to my phone bill
without my knowledge or consent? How can I stop this happening in the
future?

--
Alasdair.
Rojo Trading are a rogue media company that will not answer your emails. They're riding 'piggyback' on another company call Mblox. If you email and explain the details of the text etc and go on to threaten them with court action if a full refund is not given this will stir them into action. It happened to me and I got a fiver refund.
Mblox's postal address is
Mblox
1, Olivers Yard
55-71 City Road,
London
EC1 1HQ
Put this in the mail also and when they find out you have their details it panics them into action
Old August 5th 08, 09:05 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

On Jun 15, 8:26*pm, Alasdair wrote:
When I got my Orange bill for this month, I noticed a charge of 1.28
+ VAT *in respect of "Multimedia Services Recd" From number 80138. *I
called Orange billing and explained that I had ordered nothing by way
of Multimedia Services and I'd never heard of number 80138. *The man
at Orange agreed to scrub the charge this once but I should take the
matter up with the company which originated the charge, a company
called Rojo Trading. *I emailed Rojo Trading but have not received a
reply, surprise, surprise.

What puzzles me is how a company can put a charge on to my phone bill
without my knowledge or consent? *How can I stop this happening in the
future?

--
Alasdair.

hello,

i have noticed the same thing, i iahve had 2 text in May and june for
1.50 from 80138 - i got this infor from T Mobile.
First i rang rojo trading - 0844 8734094, a number givne to me by T
Mobile and got an answer message asking to leave a message or email
then at .

i followed the advice given here about MBlox - they were not help.
they said i'd need to contact Rojo thensleves - the adviser was, for
want of a better word, snotty!

last night i left the following message...

'You have sent me 2 texts to 07************** on

* 6 May 08 @12:46
* 16 July 08 @ 15.44

I suggest you refund me my 3.00 or I will proceed with legal action'.

i got into work today to find the following message...

'Dear ............,

Thank you for your email.

It appears that your number was entered in our ringtone&logo mobile
wapsite but we have no record of you requesting any of our products! I
have passed this on to our technical department for investigation and
to close any loophole in our processes. We apologise unreservedly for
the inconvenience caused to you and assure you that your mobile
details have now been removed from our database and you will not
receive any further messages or charges from us.

We will refund your charge of 3.00 and will add an additional 2.00
as compensation for your trouble and inconvenience. Can you please
send me details of your postal address and allow up to 21 days for
receipt.

Once again please accept our sincere apologies.

Kind regards
David Hughes
Customer Support Services'

i dont know whether emailing from work (as Gmail doesnt work in the
office) had anything to do with it...i work for Customs!

proof in the pudding will be recieving the money, i wait with bated
breath.

if not emailed customer services yet at pocketcontent, try it...it
really is not on that they can do this.

Claire.
Old August 5th 08, 04:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
Steve Terry[_2_]

wrote in message
On Jun 15, 8:26 pm, Alasdair wrote:
snip
i have noticed the same thing, i iahve had 2 text in May and june for
1.50 from 80138 - i got this infor from T Mobile.
First i rang rojo trading - 0844 8734094, a number givne to me by T
Mobile and got an answer message asking to leave a message or email
then at .

T Mobile are the only network that offers reverse charge text barring,
make use of it.

Call T Mobile CS and have it enabled

Steve Terry

Old September 14th 11, 09:41 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
IDEACON

I have had 2 charges on my Orange bill of =C2=A33.00 each.
from 87733, and 84767, I did not request anything from them.
I have called Orange, but they say they can not do anything about it, but gave me a numbe=
r to call, 08081891040,
when I did call this number, I was informed that " due to the number of calls received, t=
he operator is busy.
I waited for 1o minutes and nothing happens.
What can I do, I have never contacted them, so how do they get my number ?

url:http://myreader.co.uk/msg/141629168.aspx