Vodafone PAYG Balance Check via SMS

Old August 9th 09, 01:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
R. Giskard Reventlov

Default Vodafone PAYG Balance Check via SMS

I have a PAYG Vodafone SIM in a Sony Vaio P Series Note book. As well as the
usual internet stuff I can send and receive SMS via it but not voice calls.
How can I check the credit balance. I have been resorting to taking the SIM
out, putting it in a phone and doing the usual *#1345# send - this can't be
done in the notebook as I don't have a dial pad. Can I send an SMS and get a
reply containing my balance?

Old August 9th 09, 02:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
JL[_2_]

On 9 Aug, 13:46, "R. Giskard Reventlov" no.spam@me wrote:
I have a PAYG Vodafone SIM in a Sony Vaio P Series Note book. As well as the
usual internet stuff I can send and receive SMS via it but not voice calls.
How can I check the credit balance. I have been resorting to taking the SIM
out, putting it in a phone and doing the usual *#1345# send - this can't be
done in the notebook as I don't have a dial pad. Can I send an SMS and get a
reply containing my balance?

Text 'Balance' to 2345