Phones 4u - Unlocked?

Old December 6th 10, 04:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
slap dash

Default Phones 4u - Unlocked?

Do handsets from Phones 4U a (T-Mobile) come unlocked'?
Old December 6th 10, 10:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
Steve Terry[_2_]

"slap dash" wrote in message
Do handsets from Phones 4U a (T-Mobile) come unlocked'?

Depends, most Contract phones won't, some PAYG will.

If it comes in a (T Mobile in this case) network branded box
it'll be locked, if in a manufacturers box (Nokia, etc) probably not.

Steve Terry
--
Quidco cashback Sign-up Bonus of 1.25 when you signup at:
http://www.quidco.com/user/613515/55307

Old December 7th 10, 07:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
Richard Colton[_6_]

On 06/12/2010 17:30, slap dash wrote:
Do handsets from Phones 4U a (T-Mobile) come unlocked'?

Yes (mostly). Having said that, it's still a good idea to ask them
prior to purchase, but expect to get three different answers if you ask
three different members of staff.

--
Unlock Your Phone's Potential
www.UselessInfo.org.uk
Old December 7th 10, 10:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
slap dash

"Richard Colton" wrote in message
eb.com...
On 06/12/2010 17:30, slap dash wrote:
Do handsets from Phones 4U a (T-Mobile) come unlocked'?

Yes (mostly). Having said that, it's still a good idea to ask them prior
to purchase, but expect to get three different answers if you ask three
different members of staff.

Thanks for the replys...

Ive got a BlackBerry Curve 3G on Vodafone and accoring to a menu on the SIM
settings, the handset is unlocked... I've yet to try another SIM in it..

Old December 8th 10, 07:32 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
slap dash

"slap dash" wrote in message

"Richard Colton" wrote in
message eb.com...
On 06/12/2010 17:30, slap dash wrote:
Do handsets from Phones 4U a (T-Mobile) come unlocked'?

Yes (mostly). Having said that, it's still a good idea to ask them prior
to purchase, but expect to get three different answers if you ask three
different members of staff.

Thanks for the replys...

Ive got a BlackBerry Curve 3G on Vodafone and accoring to a menu on the
SIM settings, the handset is unlocked... I've yet to try another SIM in
it..

Well, I've put a Orange SIM card in the handset and it works! Does this mean
a O2 SIM will work in it?

Old December 8th 10, 10:36 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
Richard Colton[_6_]

On 08/12/2010 08:32, slap dash wrote:

"slap dash" wrote in message

"Richard Colton" wrote in
message eb.com...
On 06/12/2010 17:30, slap dash wrote:
Do handsets from Phones 4U a (T-Mobile) come unlocked'?

Yes (mostly). Having said that, it's still a good idea to ask them
prior to purchase, but expect to get three different answers if you
ask three different members of staff.

Thanks for the replys...

Ive got a BlackBerry Curve 3G on Vodafone and accoring to a menu on
the SIM settings, the handset is unlocked... I've yet to try another
SIM in it..

Well, I've put a Orange SIM card in the handset and it works! Does this
mean a O2 SIM will work in it?

Yes, should do.

Old December 31st 13, 07:45 AM
mahesw mahesw is offline
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slap dash View Post
Do handsets from Phones 4U a (T-Mobile) come unlocked'?
HI as Steve Terry[_2_] said If it comes in a (T Mobile in this case) network branded box it'll be locked due to this you can't use that phone with other network sim until you unlock it ..You can easily unlock your phone from t-mobile network lock using sites like MobileUnlockSolutions.com here they are rendering unlock code for all mobile models at reliable cost ....After unlocking your phone you can freely use it with any GSM sim ....