A victim of events...

Old February 29th 12, 01:08 AM
SmellyCatUK SmellyCatUK is offline
Junior Member

Default A victim of events...

I'm new here and am looking for some advice.

A little background...

20 months ago an acquaintance offered me the opportunity to take out a contract for an iPhone4. This was done indirectly through a business deal he had taken out with Vodafone. I paid a monthly automatic payment of 30 a month for this service to a company he setup (not Vodafone). Fast forward through 20 months of trouble free service, today my phone could not make a network connection so I rang Vodafone up to register a fault only to find out that the business who had the agreement with Vodafone had been declared insolvent. I was told to ri the insolvency department in the morning.

What does one do in this situation? I'd like to get a new deal with Vodafone if possible but failing that I need to get a PUK code so I can continue to use my existing number. I'd also like to get an unlock code for my phone but am unsure of the legal situation here.

Any ideas on a course of action?

A few more facts...

I never signed a contract with the (now) insolvent business but it appears that the term would have been 24 months. Consequently I'm still 4 months from reaching the notional contract end point.
Old March 1st 12, 07:30 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
Jono

SmellyCatUK wrote on 29/02/2012 :
[...]

Get a new number and move on, unless you want to pay the whole of the
account's arrears plus service charges up to the end of the contract,
on all numbers...

Perhaps whoever's dealing with the insolvency and Vodafone would let
you do a transfer of ownership specifically on your number. I'm
doubtful, though, if it's already got to the stage where service has
been withdrawn.