Access my 3 voicemail from another phone...

Old July 5th 13, 10:34 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
Jake[_2_]

Default Access my 3 voicemail from another phone...

How do I access my 3 voicemail from another phone? I've tried dialling my
number and pressing # or * when the person is speaking and it does interrupt
the 'leave a message' prompt, but then it immediately beeps and starts
recording a voicemail.

Voicemail is enabled and pin number is set up on the account...

Old July 6th 13, 09:06 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
BC

On 05/07/2013 20:03, Jake wrote:

From 3 "support" pages:

Checking voicemail.

When you call 123 on your phone, you'll hear how many new voicemails,
emails and faxmails you have. You can do this by:

dialling 123 from your phone and following the instructions
dialling 07782 333 123 from any other phone and following the
instructions
dialling +44 7782 333 123 when you're abroad and following the
instructions.

I'm sure that would work, but as it happens the other phone is also on 3 and
it just puts me through to the voicemail services of the number making the
call...

So I guess it isn't possible...

Have you tried witholding the number on the 3 phone and then calling
voicemail?
Old July 31st 13, 01:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Did you resolve this? I am in the same predicament. I lost my old sim which I never registered, so I cant get a replacement, Now I've got a new sim and want to leave a message on my old sim/number saying to call me on my new number, But, I cant get through to my old voicemail, it just connects me to my new one, ive tried withholding the number "141" which three does not allow, message:- "141 is not enabled by three please use your inphone settings.." or something similar, so I tried inphone settings "withold number" and "network controlled withhold" neither worker, just sending me through to my new voicemail again.... aaaaargh, anyone find out how to do this on a three network???? ive tried 333, 07782333123 but with the same results, please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 lol.
Old July 31st 13, 05:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
Woody[_4_]

wrote in message
Did you resolve this? I am in the same predicament. I lost my old
sim which I never registered, so I cant get a replacement, Now
I've got a new sim and want to leave a message on my old
sim/number saying to call me on my new number, But, I cant get
through to my old voicemail, it just connects me to my new one,
ive tried withholding the number "141" which three does not
allow, message:- "141 is not enabled by three please use your
inphone settings.." or something similar, so I tried inphone
settings "withold number" and "network controlled withhold"
neither worker, just sending me through to my new voicemail
again.... aaaaargh, anyone find out how to do this on a three
network???? ive tried 333, 07782333123 but with the same results,
please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 lol.

Have you tried ringing the old number from a landline and
pressing * or # (can be either) during the OGM? This will only
work if you had set up a voicemail PIN.

harrogate three at ntlworld dot com

Old July 31st 13, 06:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

I don't have a land-line in my home, but yeah I think ill have to do that from someone else's or eeck a payphone lol
Old August 4th 13, 10:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
Jake[_2_]

wrote in message
Did you resolve this? I am in the same predicament. I lost my old sim which
I never registered, so I cant get a replacement, Now I've got a new sim and
want to leave a message on my old sim/number saying to call me on my new
number, But, I cant get through to my old voicemail, it just connects me to
my new one, ive tried withholding the number "141" which three does not
allow, message:- "141 is not enabled by three please use your inphone
settings.." or something similar, so I tried inphone settings "withold
number" and "network controlled withhold" neither worker, just sending me
through to my new voicemail again.... aaaaargh, anyone find out how to do
this on a three network???? ive tried 333, 07782333123 but with the same
results, please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 lol.

****

I was not able to resolve this.

Old August 5th 13, 06:23 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
Woody[_4_]

"Jake" wrote in message
news

wrote in message
Did you resolve this? I am in the same predicament. I lost my
old sim which I never registered, so I cant get a replacement,
Now I've got a new sim and want to leave a message on my old
sim/number saying to call me on my new number, But, I cant get
through to my old voicemail, it just connects me to my new one,
ive tried withholding the number "141" which three does not
allow, message:- "141 is not enabled by three please use your
inphone settings.." or something similar, so I tried inphone
settings "withold number" and "network controlled withhold"
neither worker, just sending me through to my new voicemail
again.... aaaaargh, anyone find out how to do this on a three
network???? ive tried 333, 07782333123 but with the same
results, please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 lol.

****

I was not able to resolve this.

You have tried calling your old mobile number from a landline
phone of course - except that will work only if you have set up
avoicemail PIN?

You get directed to the appropriate mailbox because the system
identifies you by your CLI, nothing else. If you have a PC on
broadband you could set up a VoIP phone account with something
like Sipgate and set the CLI that it sends to your old mobile
number which should then allow you to access the mailbox. That
was exactly how the bad boys in the press 'hacked' celebrity and
royalty voicemails.

harrogate three at ntlworld dot com

Old August 5th 13, 11:54 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
Jake[_2_]

"Woody" wrote in message
"Jake" wrote in message
news

wrote in message
[...]

But I want to call my three voicemail from another three number. I cannot
get through to the voicemail of the former, only the latter.

Old August 5th 13, 04:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
Woody[_4_]

"Jake" wrote in message

"Woody" wrote in message
"Jake" wrote in message
news

wrote in message
[...]

Maybe you didn't understand what I was saying. You will not be
able to get to 3 voicemail for any number other than the one of
the phone you are using as the identification of the phone to the
system is the Calling Line Identification (CLI) over which you
have no control. Turning off your CLI in the menu or dialling 141
prefix only stops the delivering exchange from presenting it but
it is visible to anything in the system up until that point so 3
will see it and use it.

The only way you will be able to access it from a mobile is to
use another SP and dial the long number, or use a landline or a
VoIP service. If you have no access to any landline then a
payphone may be your only option.

Hope that clarifies the situation.

harrogate three at ntlworld dot com