Three Dongle and Windows 10 Woes

Old February 18th 17, 04:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
James Wilkinson Sword[_2_]

Default Three Dongle and Windows 10 Woes

On Sat, 18 Feb 2017 10:50:27 -0000, Roy Brown wrote:

In message , James Wilkinson Sword
writing at 19:27:30 in his/her local time
opines:-
On Thu, 16 Feb 2017 15:38:28 -0000, Roy Brown
wrote:

In message , James Wilkinson Sword
writing at 22:26:14 in his/her local time
opines:-
On Sun, 12 Feb 2017 22:19:36 -0000, SB wrote:

snip

Has anyone managed to circumvent these updates whilst using a Three
dongle or S2 phone?

Many thanks - SB.

Your problem is you're using a ****ty limited internet connection.
Limiting data in the 21st century is not acceptable.

Hello Mr Troll - perhaps you can be useful, and belie your reputation
(hint; same as that internet connection) by using your razor-sharp
skills to enumerate available mobile plans with unlimited data?

Mobile is not yet useful for data. You're either using a stupidly
small screen, or tethering to a laptop and having a ridiculously small
limit.

A mobile phone is for calling people, a computer is for the internet.

And an iPad with 4G is for....what exactly, in your 1990s world?

A doorstop. I wouldn't be seen dead holding an Apple product.

--
Inside every older person is a younger person wondering what the **** happened.
Old February 19th 17, 07:55 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
David Kennedy[_3_]

wrote:

[...]

Eeeee Awwww, Eeeee Awwww, Eeeee Awwww,

--
David Kennedy

http://www.anindianinexile.com
Old February 19th 17, 02:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
Roy Brown

In message , James Wilkinson Sword
writing at 17:42:48 in his/her local time
opines:-
wrote:

And an iPad with 4G is for....what exactly, in your 1990s world?

A doorstop. I wouldn't be seen dead holding an Apple product.

So you say - but it would be nice to check the veracity of that
statement :-)

--
Roy Brown 'Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be
Kelmscott Ltd useful, or believe to be beautiful' William Morris
Old February 19th 17, 02:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
James Wilkinson Sword[_2_]

wrote:

And an iPad with 4G is for....what exactly, in your 1990s world?

A doorstop. I wouldn't be seen dead holding an Apple product.

So you say - but it would be nice to check the veracity of that
statement :-)

Your threat of murder has been reported to the local police :-)

--
There was a rabbi who collected foreskins, had them dried out and made into a wallet - whenever you stroked the wallet it became a briefcase.
Old February 19th 17, 03:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
Richard Colton[_7_]

On 16/02/2017 19:35, David Wade wrote:

Really? Are you guessing on download sizes or do you actually have a
point to make? My connection is fine thanks, but some people are on
metered downloads, and my point still stands that no paid for operating
system should *ever* update without having explicit permission to do so.

You gave it explicit permission when you installed it.

No I didn't because I refuse to have it anywhere near one of my systems.
(I do understand your point though).

Old February 19th 17, 04:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
chris

James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Fri, 17 Feb 2017 08:23:25 -0000, Chris wrote:

David Wade wrote:

Really? Are you guessing on download sizes or do you actually have a
point to make? My connection is fine thanks, but some people are on
metered downloads, and my point still stands that no paid for operating
system should *ever* update without having explicit permission to do so.

You gave it explicit permission when you installed it. The problem was
that when there was an option, every one opted out. The result was
enough malware infected systems to bring the world down.

The result, Microsoft now forces fixes on all "Home" users...

There is a middle ground which works fine with Macs and linux.

They have less viruses because so few people use them that nobody bothers
writing viruses for them.

You've missed the point of what I was saying. There's no need to be so
draconian and enforce updates on ppl. Quantity of viruses per system is not
important.

Old February 19th 17, 04:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
James Wilkinson Sword[_2_]

David Wade wrote:

[...]

"Forcing" updates? No sensible reason not to want an update.

--
Police arrested two kids yesterday, one was drinking battery acid, and the other was eating fireworks. They charged one and let the other one off.
Old February 19th 17, 04:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
James Wilkinson Sword[_2_]

On Sun, 19 Feb 2017 16:05:48 -0000, Richard Colton wrote:

On 16/02/2017 19:35, David Wade wrote:

Really? Are you guessing on download sizes or do you actually have a
point to make? My connection is fine thanks, but some people are on
metered downloads, and my point still stands that no paid for operating
system should *ever* update without having explicit permission to do so.

You gave it explicit permission when you installed it.

No I didn't because I refuse to have it anywhere near one of my systems.
(I do understand your point though).

Do you wear glasses by any chance? Do you look like this?

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...43824cea97.jpg

--
Doctor: "Ask the accident victim his name so we can notify his family."
Nurse: "I did! He said his family already knows his name."
Old February 20th 17, 07:23 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
chris

David Wade wrote:

[...]

Timing-wise there is. You want updates when they are convenient for *you*,
not just convenient for the computer.

As the op has clearly made the point.

Old February 20th 17, 07:28 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
chris

wrote:

On 16/02/2017 19:35, David Wade wrote:

Really? Are you guessing on download sizes or do you actually have a
point to make? My connection is fine thanks, but some people are on
metered downloads, and my point still stands that no paid for operating
system should *ever* update without having explicit permission to do so.

You gave it explicit permission when you installed it.

No I didn't because I refuse to have it anywhere near one of my systems.
(I do understand your point though).

Do you wear glasses by any chance? Do you look like this?

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...43824cea97.jpg

Classy as ever, James. What are you trying to gain with personal attacks?