Three Dongle and Windows 10 Woes

Old February 25th 17, 01:40 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
James Wilkinson Sword[_2_]

Default Three Dongle and Windows 10 Woes

On Thu, 23 Feb 2017 08:38:08 -0000, Chris wrote:

James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Mon, 20 Feb 2017 22:48:50 -0000, David Kennedy

On Sun, 19 Feb 2017 08:55:27 -0000, David Kennedy

On Sat, 18 Feb 2017 10:50:27 -0000, Roy Brown
wrote:

In message , James Wilkinson Sword
writing at 19:27:30 in his/her local time
opines:-
On Thu, 16 Feb 2017 15:38:28 -0000, Roy Brown
wrote:

In message , James Wilkinson Sword
writing at 22:26:14 in his/her local time
opines:-
On Sun, 12 Feb 2017 22:19:36 -0000, SB wrote:

snip

Has anyone managed to circumvent these updates whilst using a Three
dongle or S2 phone?

Many thanks - SB.

Your problem is you're using a ****ty limited internet connection.
Limiting data in the 21st century is not acceptable.

Hello Mr Troll - perhaps you can be useful, and belie your reputation
(hint; same as that internet connection) by using your razor-sharp
skills to enumerate available mobile plans with unlimited data?

Mobile is not yet useful for data. You're either using a stupidly
small screen, or tethering to a laptop and having a ridiculously small
limit.

A mobile phone is for calling people, a computer is for the internet.

And an iPad with 4G is for....what exactly, in your 1990s world?

A doorstop. I wouldn't be seen dead holding an Apple product.

Eeeee Awwww, Eeeee Awwww, Eeeee Awwww,

Why would I pay twice as much for a product which is nice and shiny,
incompatible with everything else, and by all accounts has to be repaired by
Apple or they CRIMINALLY brick it? Apple is a ****wit organisation who
operate above the law and don't care for their own damn customers. No thanks.

Well, That took you long enough.

How would you know how long it took me to type it?

And, in the end, all you came up with was a lot of propaganda.

Propaganda?! The FACT is that they deliberately make your phone not work
if it's repaired by a non-authorised dealer. That is CRIMINAL THEFT.

That's #altfacts dude. I've had iPhones and iPads repaired by a local
computer shop. Still working and getting all updates.

I think what you're referring to is if the repair is botched and the secure
enclave compromised the finger print reader is disabled. The error 53 issue
is now resolved.

How does that change the fact Apple is trying to STEAL your phone from you if you get it fixed elsewhere. Stop worshipping your false god and face reality.

I dumped MS over 20 years ago and have no regrets. If you're happy with what
you use then that's fine but please, leave the drivel to people like Trump.

Trump will be the saviour of the human race.

From what exactly?

Muslims.

All he seems to be doing is turning the US administration into a global
laughing stock. That's impressive work in just 6 weeks. He'll soon be
ignored and the world will move on.

He's doing what all the politically correct nancy boys were afraid to do.

He's going to destroy all the fake humans who are currently claiming to
be poor little monitories that need protection.

You need to get back under that rock you crawled out from. And learn to
spell.

Oh my goodness me, I made a typo which means you win the argument in your pathetic little mind.

Why bother replying to every point in my post, then plonk me at the end, could you perhaps be trying to get the last word in? You're a pathetic little child.

--
Computers can never replace human stupidity.
Old February 26th 17, 03:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
James Wilkinson Sword[_2_]

On Sun, 19 Feb 2017 17:14:47 -0000, Chris wrote:

James Wilkinson Sword wrote:
On Fri, 17 Feb 2017 08:23:25 -0000, Chris wrote:

David Wade wrote:

Really? Are you guessing on download sizes or do you actually have a
point to make? My connection is fine thanks, but some people are on
metered downloads, and my point still stands that no paid for operating
system should *ever* update without having explicit permission to do so.

You gave it explicit permission when you installed it. The problem was
that when there was an option, every one opted out. The result was
enough malware infected systems to bring the world down.

The result, Microsoft now forces fixes on all "Home" users...

There is a middle ground which works fine with Macs and linux.

They have less viruses because so few people use them that nobody bothers
writing viruses for them.

You've missed the point of what I was saying. There's no need to be so
draconian and enforce updates on ppl. Quantity of viruses per system is not
important.

"Forcing" updates? No sensible reason not to want an update.

Timing-wise there is. You want updates when they are convenient for *you*,
not just convenient for the computer.

As the op has clearly made the point.

And you get asked if it's convenient.

No. You. Don't. Have you even read this thread?

I've got 4 machines running Windows 10. And I get a dialog box asking when to update.

--
What do lawyers and sperm have in common?
1 in 50 million has a chance of becoming a human being.

Old February 26th 17, 10:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
James Wilkinson Sword[_2_]

wrote:

David Wade wrote:

[...]

Yes, why would anyone use anything less?

--
The tired doctor was awakened by a phone call in the middle of the night. "Please, you have to come right over," pleaded the distraught young mother. "My child has swallowed a contraceptive."
The physician dressed quickly, but before he could get out the door, the phone rang again.
Old February 27th 17, 02:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
David Wade[_2_]

No. You. Don't. Have you even read this thread?

I've got 4 machines running Windows 10. And I get a dialog box asking
when to update.

on Pro?

Yes, why would anyone use anything less?

Because:-

1. Most machines come with "Home"..
2. You didn't check which version you wanted and bought a cheap machine
3. Upgrading costs serious money....

Dave

Old March 1st 17, 06:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
James Wilkinson Sword[_2_]

On Mon, 27 Feb 2017 15:54:24 -0000, David Wade wrote:

No. You. Don't. Have you even read this thread?

I've got 4 machines running Windows 10. And I get a dialog box asking
when to update.

on Pro?

Yes, why would anyone use anything less?

Because:-

1. Most machines come with "Home"..

They come with what you ask for.

2. You didn't check which version you wanted and bought a cheap machine

Then you're an idiot.

3. Upgrading costs serious money....

Don't need to if you have the proper version.

--
Does the Little Mermaid wear an algebra?