Three data only SIM

Old February 27th 17, 03:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
Someone Somewhere

Default Three data only SIM

On 26/02/2017 20:04, Malcolm Loades wrote:
On 26/02/2017 10:02, Bob Eager wrote:

Well, no. It depends entirely on the provider.

I put a new SIM in yesterday. It just had an activation code on the
carrier, and an ICCID on the SIM.

I've not got the carrier any more so can't be categoric but I feel
pretty sure that no 'phone number appeared on it.

I think the easiest thing will be to remove the SIM when convenient and
take it to a Three shop and ask how much is left on it and how I can
check in future myself.

Malcolm

PS I've now checked the purchase paperwork from Oct 2016 and it started
with 12GB pre-loaded, not the 20GB I mentioned earlier.

Or stick it in a phone and send an SMS - all SIMs will have telephone
numbers assocaited with them, there is no way for them to work without them.
Old February 27th 17, 03:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
David Wade[_2_]

On 27/02/2017 15:03, Malcolm Loades wrote:
On 27/02/2017 13:10, PeeGee wrote:
On 27/02/17 12:45, PeeGee wrote:

If you go to
https://www.three.co.uk/My3Account/R...globalregister
on you computer, you can set up an account for the associated phone
number and supply an e-mail address (as well as name/address) to create
an account. You can then use the "login" address (above) to check your
remaining allowance/balance etc.

If it's a data reward SIM and registered for "freedata" you might be
able to use the 200MB monthly "free" allowance and get an add-on when
you need more than 1500MB (£15 at 1p/MB - the same value add-on is 2GB
lasting 30 days)

I should have said "If it was a data reward SIM" - though I don't know
your usage pattern and the relative cost effectiveness of the options.

It is a data only SIM pre-loaded with 12GB of 4G data usage (valid for
up to 12 months) and cost £24 last autumn. The problem is that I'd no
idea it came with an associated phone number and I've no way of finding
out what it is since all I have now is the SIM itself. Therefore
setting up an account with Three and logging in is not a possibility
since I've no telephone number.

Malcolm

Pretty sure the local Three store can find out the number. If they stick
it in and Android Phone then you can see the number in "Settings". Going
"settings, About Phone, SIM" shows the phone number.

Dave
Old February 27th 17, 03:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
Martin Brown

On 27/02/17 12:45, PeeGee wrote:

[...]

I use them quite often. You don't need to register them or know the
phone number when you are using the Three SIM for internet connectivity
you can just go to the myThree usage web page as it already knows from
the nature of the IP address that you are a Three customer.

I tend to buy them when on offer as disposable items since with the
introductory discount the data cheaper that way. I registered the first
one I ever had but after that I just use them and it will certainly show
you data remaining if you go to the right place on their website.

Martin Brown
Old February 27th 17, 03:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
Martin Nicholas[_11_]

On Mon, 27 Feb 2017 16:08:27 +0000
David Wade wrote:

Pretty sure the local Three store can find out the number. If they
stick it in and Android Phone then you can see the number in
"Settings". Going "settings, About Phone, SIM" shows the phone number.

Dave

My phone shows the number BEFORE I ported in - so it can be wrong.

I would say that numbers are obsolescent with three as the SIM carrier
says you will need the last few digits of the SIM number in order to
log in. In fact you are asked for your phone number as stated earlier.

Martin Nicholas.

E-mail:

Old February 28th 17, 09:55 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
Theo

Malcolm Loades wrote:
It is a data only SIM pre-loaded with 12GB of 4G data usage (valid for
up to 12 months) and cost £24 last autumn. The problem is that I'd no
idea it came with an associated phone number and I've no way of finding
out what it is since all I have now is the SIM itself. Therefore
setting up an account with Three and logging in is not a possibility
since I've no telephone number.

Put it in a phone/tablet
Go to:
http://mobile.three.co.uk/
Click on 'Your account'
Click on 'Balance'

Done.

You don't need to login / register, or know your number.
However, if your phone is an Android one, going to Settings - About phone
- Status (- SIM status) will tell you your number.

If the phone/tablet hasn't had a Three SIM in before, you may need to accept
the configuration SMS they send you so that you have the APN settings which
give you a working data connection.

Theo
Old February 28th 17, 09:59 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
Someone Somewhere

On 28/02/2017 10:55, Theo wrote:
Malcolm Loades wrote:
It is a data only SIM pre-loaded with 12GB of 4G data usage (valid for
up to 12 months) and cost £24 last autumn. The problem is that I'd no
idea it came with an associated phone number and I've no way of finding
out what it is since all I have now is the SIM itself. Therefore
setting up an account with Three and logging in is not a possibility
since I've no telephone number.

Put it in a phone/tablet
Go to:
http://mobile.three.co.uk/
Click on 'Your account'
Click on 'Balance'

Done.

You don't need to login / register, or know your number.
However, if your phone is an Android one, going to Settings - About phone
- Status (- SIM status) will tell you your number.

Note that if there has been a number port and Three don't recognise your
handset (OnePlus) they never update the number on the SIM - although
that won't apply here.

Old March 1st 17, 06:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
Malcolm Loades[_4_]

On 27/02/17 12:45, PeeGee wrote:

[...]

Simple ... when you know how!

I connected to Three using the router, clicked on 'Login' which didn't
ask me a thing and immediately supplied options including 'Account
balance' or similar wording which showed the remaining data and the
expiry date of one year after the card was first used.

Thanks for the guidance.

Malcolm
Old March 6th 17, 01:22 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
Brian Gregory

On 28/02/2017 10:59, Someone Somewhere wrote:
On 28/02/2017 10:55, Theo wrote:
Malcolm Loades wrote:
[...]

I've never seen a phone update the number on the SIM unless I asked it
to. I've seen Android phones put the number in if there was no number
before but not update it if a number is already there.

Manually changing the number is not a function included on many new
mobiles; I have to use my old Samsung SGH-Z140 to do it.

--

Brian Gregory (in the UK).