Three - Phone fast but MiFi slow

Old March 19th 17, 12:43 PM
garmcqui garmcqui is offline
Junior Member

Default Three - Phone fast but MiFi slow

I am on three for my mobile, and get very quick data speeds - usually 40-50mb/sec.

So, my EE mobile broadband contract was up, so have joined Three's, got a nice "Home-Fi" device but more importantly 40Gb for 20!

Problem is, speedtests are telling me I'm only getting 8-9mb/sec, which is rubbish compared to my phone.

Am currently on online chat to a lovely girl on the other side of the planet, and don't really hold out much hope of her fixing it.

I've tried the sim card in my other router, a D-Link DWR-921 - same problem, very slow. Signal is 4/5 bars.

Is there anything else I can try, before I give up and return it?

Thanks!