Vodafone payg expired?

Old April 8th 04, 01:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
Klaus Goerke

Default Vodafone payg expired?

As I live outside the UK I haven't used my Vodafone payg for a few
months now.
Now I've just noticed that I can still receive, but not make calls any
longer (not even to top up).
Could anybody tell me how to get my SIM card going again and avoid
similar problems in the future? The Vodafone homepage doesn't seem to
offer much help.

Thanks
Klaus
Old April 8th 04, 01:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
Nospam

"Klaus Goerke" wrote in message
As I live outside the UK I haven't used my Vodafone payg for a few
months now.
Now I've just noticed that I can still receive, but not make calls any
longer (not even to top up).
Could anybody tell me how to get my SIM card going again and avoid
similar problems in the future? The Vodafone homepage doesn't seem to
offer much help.

Thanks
Klaus

Ring Vodafone and ask!

Old April 8th 04, 04:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
John Dowd

"Klaus Goerke" wrote in message

The Vodafone homepage doesn't seem to offer much help.

Nothing new there then!

John.

Old April 8th 04, 07:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
Nick B.

On Thu, 08 Apr 2004 15:21:38 +0200, Klaus Goerke
wrote:

As I live outside the UK I haven't used my Vodafone payg for a few
months now.
Now I've just noticed that I can still receive, but not make calls any
longer (not even to top up).
Could anybody tell me how to get my SIM card going again and avoid
similar problems in the future? The Vodafone homepage doesn't seem to
offer much help.

Ring PAYT Customer services: +448700776655
You need to make a chargeable call every 90 days otherwise they do
this and I think they also delete your registration details. After 180
days the number gets disconnected completely
To reactivate it you have re-register then apply a top-up (GBP5 is th
minimum) and make a chargeable call. You may be able to do this via
their top-up line +448700778899

When you have re-activated it just make a note to make at least one
call or SMS every 90 days or less.

HTH,
--
Nick B.

Old April 9th 04, 04:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
Steve Terry

wrote:

[...]

Umm... things have changed somewhat, I know a way to reactivate a
90 day timed out Voda PAYT Sim without costing you anything extra.

I shan't say how on here, but if anyone wants to know how, email me.

Steve Terry

Old August 13th 09, 11:04 AM
Expired Expired is offline
Junior Member

Unhappy

I am really new to this and do not know if this is ok but I've had my vodafone sim for the last 9 years, and I do go abroad but on the 7th July 2009 I registered for their passport service and it was all still working.

Yesterday I phoned them because I still had 5 worth of credit and it would not allow me to make any calls, I was informed that my sim has expired I told them that on the 7th it was still working so how can it be expired it's only been a month?

They said there is nothing they can do, but I can apply on-line for a new free sim, I said that everybody know that number and I do not want to loose it and what about my credit?

They said that according to their t & C's if you do not make a call your sim expires and therefor you loose all credit.

IS THERE A WAY TO GET THIS REACTIVATED OR EVEN CHANGED OVER JUST IN ORDER FOR ME NOT TO LOOSE THE NUMBER???