Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : UK Mobile Phones Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Using a mobile in the USA by S Viemeister
Jenny Adams wrote: My friend will be going to the USA on friday - she has 2 mobile phones Whic one will she be able to use there to call the UK ? - Nokia 3310 - Motorola v66i The 3310 definitely will NOT work in the US - it uses 900/1800, but the US
January 5th 05 02:29 AM
by Colin Wilson Go to last post
5 213
V600 and Vodafone live by Clive
I recently unlocked my V600 (from Orange) to use with a vodafone SIM. Calls/txt work fine. I can also get the vodafone live page up. However, whe I try to open ANY link on the Vodafone live home page, the phone comes back 'file type not supported. The phone is Still Orange 'branded' i.e. when I try to Open the default home page, it trys to connect to Orange. Any way around this?
January 4th 05 11:10 PM
by Mark Go to last post
1 171
Voda carry over minutes by Charley Moore
Reading the Voda T&Cs it looks like I can carry over minutes for one month across Anytime plans. Am I correct to think that if I change from Anytime200 to Anytime30 I can carry over any of my unused 200 minutes for the change over month? Regards Charley
January 4th 05 11:10 PM
by Reestit Mutton Go to last post
1 198
Basic, cheap, easy to see / use PAYG phone? by T i m
Hi All, My elderly mother-in-law is now willing to have a moble with the idea that she can call one of us if she get's caught out somewhere. So, cheap, PAYG (maybe Tesco?), easy to read display, big buttons, loud ring .. Anything jump to mind?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
January 4th 05 10:30 PM
by Ivor Gleek Go to last post
28 524
Int'l roaming on threepay by Mogweed
Got an NEC e616v on PAYG (Threepay) with 3 and I'll be going to Germany next week so I rang customer services to activate international roaming, only to be told by the drone that it's not yet available on the PAYG, only monthly contract. They said that they were currently conducting tests in Hong Kong, but nothing yet in the UK or Europe. However, looking at www.three.co.uk (that's .co.UK -...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 4th 05 10:25 PM
by Kalico Go to last post
11 340
Motorola V3 in O2 "Sale" catalogue by Marcel
In the current Dec 04/Jan 05 "Sale" catalogue obtained from my local O2 store, they list the Motorola V3 on page 18 for 49.99* with a comment below saying "*On O2 100 & above, 99.99 on all other tariffs". On page 46 of the same catalogue, there is a Motorola V3 advert that states "Free on O2 100 and above and 79.99 on all other tariffs". Has anyone bought this phone from an O2 shop recently...
January 4th 05 10:23 PM
by R. Mark Clayton Go to last post
2 149
Help NEC e616v by G Townend
Any software for uploading Games to NEC e616v UK phone Looks like 3 mobile want you to buy the games from them Thanks in Advance
January 4th 05 10:03 PM
by rob.b Go to last post
1 180
VISIT OUR ONLINE STORE by ARABIANWORLD MOBILES
VISIT OUR WEBSITE SAFE SHOOPING VISIT OUR ONLINE STORE http://www.arabianworld.tk ARABIANWORLD MOBILES Our Range We provide the following list of Mobile Phone accessories at excellent prices Fascia's, Handsfree kits, Batteries Leather cases, Screens/Repair Tools, Chargers
January 4th 05 09:02 PM
by Nigel Go to last post
2 128
O2 PUFFL replacement SIM cost by John Kenyon
Can anyone confirm that the first replacement SIM on O2's Pay Up Front For Life, tariff is free? Or alternatively how much a replacement should cost. /john
January 4th 05 08:52 PM
by John Kenyon Go to last post
0 275
Usual Orange Customer Service by Stephen B
Hi, Can anyone give me a clue as to how you actually get to speak to a human being to disconnect a phone? Tried the 150, then followed directions to disconnection dept, but alas after an hour and a quarter, I am no longer convinced that my call is important to them. I did try contacting the 'questions about your bill' dept (who answered on
January 4th 05 08:25 PM
by nsj Go to last post
4 446
How recieve SMS sent to another number by Ivor Jones
Stefan. wrote: Is there a service which receive an SMS for me and then forward it to my mobile? And which I can enable or disable. I need to give out my number to some people who I don't know all that well to let them text me for the next few weeks. But I don't want them to be able to text me for ever! Only way I can think of is get a cheapo PAYG SIM card and bin it when you're...
January 4th 05 08:08 PM
by Sprite Go to last post
5 210
Virgins Free GPRS by Benthamman
Hi, Is this just me?.... I use a Nokia phone on Virgin, and the new Virgin GPRS for email (6800 Nokia), Java downloads etc. - and some web browsing with a Java prog I like. My Virgin on-line bill tracks this GPRS usage, and has entries that kinda fit my GPRS use. But when it comes the end of month bill - there's no sign of GPRS. Since my use if effectively PAYG (direct debit in my
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 4th 05 07:03 PM
by Soruk Go to last post
10 310
Tsunami Appeal by TXT by Steve Parry
Stephen (Sausagefans.com) wrote: In article , says... text DONATE to 83321 and 1.50 will go to the disaster fund Who is this run by? http://www.asiaearthquake.redcross.org.uk/tsappeal/appeal.asp
January 4th 05 06:42 PM
by Tim Rogers Go to last post
1 160
Wierd Orange Text Roaming Problem by Martin
Hi On holiday in Dubai and Oman over Xmas, had two orange contract phones with me, both normally work abroad, roaming enabled, both had the same problem... They would not send texts - they got 'message sending failed' Everything else worked - receiving texts, making calls, receiving calls, GPRS WAP, even sending and receiving MMS messages, but normal texts would
January 4th 05 06:16 PM
by Knowlege is Powder Go to last post
3 307
Qxdial problems from orange by Martin Pentreath
Am I the only person having this problem? When I try to dial any qxdial access numbers (eg 0800 0767878) from my ED50 Orange phone I either get nothing at all, or a message on the screen saying "network busy" (when the Orange network clearly is not busy, it lets me dial anywhere else). Been going on for a couple of days now.
January 4th 05 06:06 PM
by Customer Service Go to last post
1 189
'Push to Talk'? by Andrew
http://wirelessreview.com/ar/telecom_orange_commercializes_pt/index.htm The carrier's Talk Now service represents the culmination of a nine-month trial of Kodiak's Real-Time Exchange system, which uses voice channels, rather than data channels, to provide P2T over any network type. In the U.K., Orange tested the service with enterprise and business customers, while Orange France also tested the...
January 4th 05 05:27 PM
by Andrew Go to last post
0 182
SE S770i - Orange? by Bryan Anderson
A friend has asked me if I know (like I seem to know every- thing to everyone about mobiles - just by lurking in here!) if/when the S700i will be on Orange.....anyone know? -- Bryan Anderson
January 4th 05 04:59 PM
by Bryan Anderson Go to last post
0 184
Orange World 1 Month Free Trial by Dave Gill
Just a reminder to anyone who's coming up to the end of their first month of a new Orange contract: if your contract came with 1 month's free Orange World access bolted on out-of-the-box (eg: like with the E2save offers) it will roll on to the 4/month option automatically unless you cancel it (at least 5 days before your billing date IIRC). -- The From address is a spam-trap, so all replies to...
January 4th 05 04:53 PM
by DeeBee Go to last post
9 303
OSPS cashback address by Stu
Which address have people been sending their cashback claims to? The enclosed redemption certificates contradict themselves. One part says send to PO Box 337 and the other to "the address below marked for the attention of cashback claims", ie: the normal postal address. Would be nice to know since I will be sending recorded delivery. Thx, Stu
January 4th 05 04:52 PM
by DeeBee Go to last post
2 197
Online/Offline O2 Bolt On Questions? by Phil
I am interested in O2's home 100 bolt on. I am on online pay as you go, from what I can gather from O2's website that means if I subscribe to the home 100 bolt on I will only get 100 minutes of cheaper calls and not free calls as I would if I was on an offline pay as you go service. Is this correct?
January 4th 05 04:28 PM
by Phil Go to last post
4 206
Post New Thread