Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : UK Mobile Phones Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
18866 still recommended for cheap calls from mobiles? by pamela
I still can't properly absorb the fact that 0800s are free since July! Very many years ago I used to call an 0800 frommy Orange mobile to connect to 18866 and get cheap calls. For a long time it all stopped because 0800s from mobiles were charged for. Now the 0800s are free again although I don't see much discussion about how significant this is! Perhaps nowadays most people are on...
September 8th 15 12:36 PM
by chris Go to last post
1 426
Porting foreign mobile numbers to a UK account by Maurice
Anyone know if it's possible to port a mobile number to a UK provider account from a foreign provider? (Or is it limited to UK--UK?) (Granddaughter from Singapore starting at UK university next month.) -- /\/\aurice (Replace "nomail.afraid" by "bcs" to reply by email)
August 30th 15 01:51 PM
by R. Mark Clayton[_2_] Go to last post
4 522
Vodafone tethering by Dex
Just bought a Vodafone Smart Ultra 6 and for being a new customer they're giving me 50GB of data. Is tethering allowed? Sales person at the shop said I could tether but I received a text saying I've reached my monthly limit for using the internet abroad! Haven't left my town since buying it, let alone the country. Is it their way of saying not to tether?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
August 25th 15 05:30 PM
by Tweed Go to last post
30 1,537
A question (OT because it's France) about Orange.fr pay as you go by [email protected]
Can anyone suggest where I can find what UK mobile provider accounts will give me access to the Orange France WiFi network? I was recently in France and in one place in particular the Orange WiFi hotspot signal was very good. It's a place I will be returning to so it would be good if I could use it. When I browsed through what it offered there was quite a long list of providers (i.e. non...
2 486
Disappointed with Three - can't transfer from 3Pay to PAYG by David Rance[_3_]
I've noticed that Three gets mostly good reviews. I've been on 3Pay ever since I acquired a dongle for mobile Internet some five years ago. Actually I may have been originally on an earlier tariff still and was automatically transferred to 3Pay when that came in. I've noticed that Three now operate a newer tariff called Pay As You Go on Three which, for my purposes would be much cheaper...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
August 14th 15 08:38 PM
by David Rance[_3_] Go to last post
52 1,661
Very impressed with Motorola Support by Roy Brown
My wife's Moto G 2nd Gen shut down for no obvious reason. I could reboot it, but then it would only run for 30 seconds, shutting down again in a shower of 'Unfortunately, xxx has stopped running' messages. Tried the long reboot, the super long reboot, the reboot holding two buttons at once.... nothing improved it. Even went for the cache clear, but I could not get past the 'Android in
August 12th 15 09:42 AM
by Roy Brown Go to last post
0 401
Self-destroying text msg? by Maurice
This morning I received a text msg on my Samsung Galaxy 3 Mini, from my niece, thanking me for a birthday gift. As I had lost her mobile number I asked the phone to add the number into Contacts. The next thing I knew was that the text msg had completely disappeared - no trace even in the call log - nor in Contacts. Could this have been a so-called self-destroying message?
August 6th 15 02:14 PM
by Maurice Go to last post
6 584
Orange - cheaper to text from abroad? by David Rance[_3_]
I've just been looking at my latest monthly invoice from Orange and notice that text messages that I've sent while in the UK are billed at 12.5p., whereas when I text from France they are billed at 4.4p. I'm still on the Orange EQ Virgin tariff which I've had for thirteen years. Have Orange/EE lost track of it, I wonder? David --
July 29th 15 01:52 PM
by S Viemeister[_2_] Go to last post
6 576
Transfer number by Malcolm Loades[_3_]
I've tried asking Three this question but have got nowhere. The Indian call centre will not stop trying to upgrade the 'phone with a new contract and simply avoid answering. I then asked by e-mail but the automated acknowledgement says it will take 5 days to answer! I simply want to know if I can transfer an existing Three number on a contract which has expired (I can give one month's...
July 29th 15 08:01 AM
by Someone Somewhere Go to last post
6 500
EE calls over wifi by Roland Perry
After grappling with their online help, for far too long, I think I may have extracted a deal at 12.99 a month, one month cancellation, no handset, to be given the extraordinary privilege to use the SIM for this in an already-owned unlocked iPhone 5s. I'll report back what happens after the SIM has arrived. I note they didn't appear to have an option to upgrade a SIM I already have, but as...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
July 22nd 15 02:45 PM
by Roland Perry Go to last post
22 1,047
E-mail on iPhone5 ios8 by Woody[_4_]
My daughter has upgraded to iPhone6 so has given me her old 5. I have gone through the SettingsMail route and set up a POP3 mail account, however when I launch the Mail app it offers me to start up a new account and the account details I have already entered are nowhere to be found. Anyone give me guidance?
July 21st 15 08:07 AM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
3 424
Confused network ID by Roland Perry
My Virgin PAYG phone is currently saying it's 'Orange'. The SIM is probably about 5yrs old. -- Roland Perry
July 17th 15 07:23 AM
by Roland Perry Go to last post
2 553
Nokia 820 by Scott[_3_]
Hi Folks. I'm looking for ideas. My Nokia 820 - just over two years old - seems to be on its way out. The battery is draining very fast: 70% to flat through the night when it was on stand-by. I have tried (1) new battery, (2) factory reset, (3) changing to battery saver mode, (4) diagnostic test at authorised Nokia repairer. If I buy a new phone, is this likely to lead to improvement or is...
July 9th 15 06:26 PM
by Scott[_3_] Go to last post
7 686
Expired Voda PAYG SIM cards.. by tony sayer
We've just found an old phone we thought was lost . However the SIM card hasn't been used for ages and I've been told that the SIM card and number are no longer usable, but it did let us top it up online!. However the service rep told me that if I go to a Vodafone store they might be able to help? Seems that they have better access to their companies systems?. All seems rather bizarre anyone...
July 4th 15 08:18 AM
by Peter[_2_] Go to last post
9 576
Virgin wifi on EE iPhone by Roland Perry
When I tried setting up the Virgin "Wifi buddy" on an iPhone with an EE SIM in it, I got an error that I could only do this on a phone with a Virgon SIM. That's despite having a Virgin login as a result of several other Virgin accounts - and never having had an issue with multiple such wifi carriers on an Android phone. Meanwhile, the similar Sky wifi login (again as a result of having...
June 30th 15 04:57 PM
by JoRob64[_2_] Go to last post
4 573
3 Network any good these days?. by tony sayer
As above. Just had an almighty run in with Voda over data and charges and am interested in 3's all you can eat tariff, but just like a few opinions before we move;!.. Cheers... -- Tony Sayer
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
June 19th 15 04:31 PM
by Daniel James[_2_] Go to last post
38 1,736
Vodafone price hike by chris
All non-bundled numbers are now a flat rate 37.5ppm http://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/06/16/vodafone_hikes_prices_37_5p/
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 19th 15 11:00 AM
by Someone Somewhere Go to last post
11 1,034
O2 tariffs. by Ian Field
Someone gave me a LG mobile they didn't want anymore - but its locked to O2. How do their tariffs compare with Tesco Mobile? Thanks for any help.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 17th 15 06:41 PM
by Woody[_4_] Go to last post
11 890
O2 Pay As You Go phone problem by MB[_5_]
I have an old O2 Pay As You Go phone that I have had for years but that does not get used very much. It used to have the usual regular top-ups but some years ago they changed the tariff so that regular top-ups were not required perhaps I had quite a large credit balance. Some time in the last week or so, something has changed. I noticed that some text messages had been sent.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 17th 15 06:39 PM
by Woody[_4_] Go to last post
12 1,044
International text messages on BT EE mobiles by MB[_5_]
Just noticed that I get charged 25p for receiving text message from the USA on an BT EE mobile. Rather worrying if any scum started sending SPAM texts from overseas.
June 14th 15 10:49 AM
by MB[_5_] Go to last post
1 490
Post New Thread