Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : UK Mobile Phones Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Three Dongle and Windows 10 Woes by SB
Just got a new Dell Inspiron laptop. That is by definition to be used for travelling. However I have already run foul of the dreaded Windows 10 (Home) automatic updates. Last week whilst doing some emails I suddenly got a web page stating that I had run out of data allowance. Bl**dy Windows had attempted to download a massive update file and soaked up my remaining Three dongle data allowance for...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
March 1st 17 06:59 PM
by James Wilkinson Sword[_2_] Go to last post
40 521
SIM porting to new phone? by Roy Brown
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 25th 17 11:49 PM
by Brian Gregory Go to last post
16 318
Sony shenanigans? by Tim+[_3_]
My daughter's Experia Z5 started displaying a charging fault. It became erratic at charging at first and then terminally would only charge with the plug held in firmly. To me, it sounds like a charging socket failure. Sent it off for repair under warranty only to get a message back saying that it needed a new battery and screen. As these were "wear and tear" items, they are not covered by the...
February 24th 17 05:42 PM
by Woody[_4_] Go to last post
1 226
Android - annoying behaviour of Gmail app by Optimist
After I read an email on my Gmail app, I archive it. This works OK until the last one, when it stays in the Inbox (or Priority Inbox) although marked read. In order to archive it, I have to switch to the other Inbox. Why is this? And why are there two Inboxes anyway? One is enough!
February 17th 17 03:00 PM
by Optimist Go to last post
3 210
DORO Messages: Suddenly Font Is Too Large by SB
I have a Doro 8030. All of the font sizes were and still are set to 'Normal..' This has been the case since the initial purchase last year. However In the last few days there has been an automated update from Doro. This has installed a Doro keyboard - which I didn't want. But the other change is that even though all of the font sizes are still set to 'Normal,' the font size on any received SMS...
February 11th 17 06:03 PM
by CJB[_2_] Go to last post
3 257
Samsung A300FU lost soft buttons? by T i m
Hi all, I have been given a Samsung A300FU by a mate for our daughter but it looks like the on screen soft buttons (or whatever they are called) don't seem to work, even after a factory reset. Googling about seems to suggest that the / a likely cause is damage done to a connector during screen replacement but the PO can't remember if having one?
February 11th 17 03:00 PM
by T i m Go to last post
0 212
Samsung S7 or what? by T i m
Hi All, My Samsung S4 is due for upgrade and I'm looking at the S7 (I took the S4 over an S5 at the time because I think it was cheaper and there were things on the S5 that I may not have liked, like non-user replaceable battery or some such) but what would the S7 offer me that I would actually use / need, other than being waterproof for example (assuming it was and because I do go boating now...
February 11th 17 02:22 PM
by T i m Go to last post
9 533
Questions about Three feel at home by Clive Page[_4_]
I'm currently a GiffGaff pay-as-you-go user with relatively low usage, so that a £10 top-up last me a few months. But since they raised data charges last year from 20p for up to 20MB in a day to 5p/MB, i.e. up to 5 times dearer, I can't say I'm a happy customer any longer. Getting a SIM from three.co.uk looks attractive, but their HTML and PDF documents are very long and complicated and...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
February 7th 17 02:08 PM
by Daniel James[_2_] Go to last post
21 501
SMS problem with Android 6 (Marshmallow) by Scott[_3_]
I updated my phone to Marshmallow (using the former Cyanogenmod). I was having some problems with sending pictures as SMS messages. In case anyone is interested, I think I have found a solution: Settings wheel at top App permissions SMS make sure Messaging is turned on.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 4th 17 12:41 PM
by Maurice Go to last post
12 309
More Contacts Woes by CJB[_2_]
Google syncing contacts between a Google Mail account and an Android smart phone (actually a Doro 8030) are not the only irritations - where everything gets sync'd both ways even hundreds (thousands?) of long forgotten email addresses. However I solved this using advice from this Group - which was to set up a dedicated Google Mail account for phone number contacts only. This actually works...
January 27th 17 01:47 PM
by CJB[_2_] Go to last post
0 232
Retrieve Number by jTemplar
I have been using the same mobile number for the last 18 years. The number was first issued by Vodafone but has been ported a couple of times used most recently with KontaKt Mobile, an MVNO using the Vodafone network. As you may know KontaKt ceased trading last month and users who wanted to keep their numbers had to ask for a PAC by 15 December 2016. I received no notification about the...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 25th 17 03:58 PM
by tim... Go to last post
12 356
BT EE fined again by R. Mark Clayton[_2_]
BT EE has been fined for ripping off customers. http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/ofcom-ee-fine-27-overcharge-customers-a7532596.html (previous https://www.theguardian.com/business/2015/jul/03/ee-fined-1m-ofcom-misleading-customers) Plus ca change. An aggravating feature of this case was that despite being told about the overcharge BT EE just carried on doing it.
January 18th 17 04:39 PM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
2 273
PAYG Tariffs by Pete Forman[_2_]
I have done a spring clean of my web page listing the PAYG rates in the UK. All the prices are now up to date. A few more MVNOs have been added while others are now marked defunct. There are currently 39 PAYG operators. -- Pete Forman https://payg-petef.rhcloud.com
January 18th 17 07:00 AM
by Pete Forman[_2_] Go to last post
0 219
Dialing 111 from abroad by Mark Carver
Recently I've had to dial 111 on someone's advice, to arrange assistance. Is such a feat possible from abroad ? Googling suggested that +44 300 020 0155 works, but it doesn't anymore, and you get a message (at least dialing it from the UK) to dial 111. Any other possible methods ?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 16th 17 05:21 PM
by Graham.[_10_] Go to last post
48 539
Dual SIM problem with Moto G (2nd generation) in UK by Roger Mills[_2_]
I have had a '3' PAYG SIM in one slot of my Moto G2 from the outset and various other SIMS in the other slot from time to time. Hitherto, I have had "Preferred SIM for mobile data" set to '3'. I have just acquired a PlusNet SIM which uses the EE network and have signed up for a monthly deal with inclusive minutes, texts and data - so now need to use that as the preferred SIM for mobile...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 9th 17 06:10 PM
by PAS Go to last post
52 525
Whatsapp message thread disappeared! by Maurice
The SO, whilst scanning back through her 'family' WhatsApp thread, somehow caused a menu to appear, of which she hit the wrong option, whereupon the whole thread disappeared (though the photo's are still there in Photos/WhatsApp). This was on a Moto G4 Plus 16GB (Android 6.0.1) I have never seen such a menu. Anyone know how to get it to appear? (Or how to restore the thread)
January 8th 17 02:09 PM
by Maurice Go to last post
2 246
Can't seem to access mobile data by Murmansk[_2_]
A friend has a Samsung Galaxy A3 mobile phone with a TalkTalk SIM in it. She can't access the Internet via mobile data, the SIM works OK with my phone so it's something wrong with the phone or its settings. I've looked everywhere I can think of in the settings but no joy: Mobile data is switched on It's not in airplane mode Wi-Fi is off It can make calls
January 7th 17 04:33 PM
by R. Mark Clayton[_2_] Go to last post
3 262
Help decoding phone symbol by Roland Perry
I've got an Aldi "Workzone" phone, and it's been showing an icon that's not in the manual. It looks like the yellow "New Txt" icon, but with a small blue half-moon symbol over the bottom right-hand corner. I've checked all the txt menus and can't see any anomalies, and txts are arriving OK. -- Roland Perry
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 4th 17 02:29 PM
by Chronos[_2_] Go to last post
13 317
Cannot register for 112 on Phone Coop phone by Maurice
Trying to send 'register' to 112 failed. (Using Phone Coop SIM) (Failure msg said "Make voice call".) Might this be because Phone Coop isn't geared up for that yet? -- /\/\aurice (Replace "nomail.afraid" by "bcs" to reply by email)
December 30th 16 09:14 PM
by Scott[_3_] Go to last post
6 368
Declaring independence from Samsung by Scott[_3_]
My Samsung S5 mini is still awaiting Android Marshmallow. I am contemplating the idea of rooting the phone and installing generic Android. Having looked at numerous sites, I am still confused about the distinction between 'pure' Android and Cyanogenmod 13. It seems to me that Cyanogenmod just means substituting one person's customisation for another. However, there seems to be very...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 28th 16 09:52 PM
by Chronos[_2_] Go to last post
18 482