Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : UK Mobile Phones Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
iPhone on o2 and problems with data roaming when abroad. by David Wade[_2_]
My wife has an iPhone on o2 and it refused to use data services when roaming. I have a Sony Experia on o2. It roams just fine. I have now fixed my wifes iPhone by setting the APN from idata.o2.co.uk to mobile.o2.co.uk. The help http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref(User):str(Mobile),CASE=19041 says to only use the "idata.o2.co.uk" APN if you are on...
December 27th 16 02:11 PM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
5 516
Upgrade decision by brunel
Hello, I am due an phone upgrade with my contract and I don't know which one to pick? I have the choice of the following (in my price range): Sony E5 LG K8 Samsung Galaxy J3 Moto E3 HTC Desire 530 IMO Q I don't know which one to pick, can anyone help advise? My current phone is a Samsung S3 Mini. The battery life is terrible! I don't really use many apps - mainly googlemaps, a train app, bus...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 21st 16 07:58 PM
by Woody[_4_] Go to last post
18 343
Number re-use by Martin Nicholas[_10_]
How long is a number left dormant after it ceases to be in use? I ask this as I got a data SIM from EE and now the number is being bombarded with texts from an employment agency: Bricklayers required to start on Monday in Basingstoke. Please call Lee at PCR on 01252 XXXXX and rather more worryingly for the security of the financial services industry: Lloyds Bank has noticed your Debit card...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 16th 16 04:40 AM
by Chronos[_2_] Go to last post
31 512
Sim only contracts by Dex
Are SIM only contracts covered by the distance selling regulation? Thinking of taking out a 12 month contract with Three, but the last time I had a contract with them (30 day rolling, over a year ago) the data speeds were awful, sometimes as low as 200kb/s at busy times. Their returns page goes on about returning devices and accessories within 14 days, but nothing about contracts. If there...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
December 14th 16 11:47 AM
by Dex Go to last post
20 496
Unhappy
Bad mobile signal by Alexmgero
Hi everyone! This is almost my first experience of writing on forums, so probably I will ask a question that was already asked, maybe, hundred times. My situation is the following: I ‘ve got a cabin out of the sity, but mobile coverage there is really poor. I can make calls, but very often we can’t hear each other. I would like to have at least mobile Internet. So I would like to know if there is...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 10th 16 05:55 PM
by MB[_5_] Go to last post
17 678
Totally free international calls by DrTeeth
Yep, that is right. Virgin mobile has a tariff that includes all 08 numbers, like 0844, 8071 etc. If you use a service that requires you to dial an 0844 (for example) before you dial your international number, the whole deal is included in the 08 part of your tariff. It is only £3 extra to get all 08 numbers included for 1,000 mins per month. Here's the proof https://db.tt/QhxpcuUN. Sorry if you...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 7th 16 04:42 PM
by DrTeeth Go to last post
14 422
Dual SIM Android phones by Theo
Can anyone suggest phones which: Run Android Take two SIMs Speak LTE Operate both SIMs in 3G or LTE modes concurrently Are in the sub 200 pound but more likely ~100 pound bracket (used prices on ebay count for this assessment) Aren't utter dogs as regards performance Preference for Snapdragon over MediaTek, RockChip and other 'budget' chip
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 7th 16 12:23 PM
by Maurice Go to last post
34 747
Japan by David Kennedy[_3_]
On 23/11/2016 13:15, Martin Brown wrote: On 23/11/2016 11:48, David Kennedy wrote: I find I'm heading to Japan next year for 3 weeks. If you are staying in hotels then try for VOIP over their Wifi. Bite the bullet and pay the roaming charges with Tesco or buy a local sim? Any suggestions?
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 26th 16 12:28 AM
by Chris in Makati Go to last post
10 414
Looking for (semi) genuine battery for Motorola G XT1068 by Harold Finch[_2_]
My wife and I both have twin SIM Moto G's XT1068. After about two years heavy use both batteries are starting to show signs of degrading. Usual symptoms such as quicker to discharge and quicker to charge to an apparent 100% capacity. I've looked at lots of replacements on Amazon and Ebay but doubt if all of them are genuine Motorola or OEM products. Can anyone suggest a reputable source that...
November 25th 16 07:19 AM
by Harold Finch[_2_] Go to last post
6 433
Free football alerts via SMS by [email protected]
Send football all updates in my mobile no +923222955658
0 323
Moto 4G Plus: Improting photo for Whatsapp contact entry by Maurice
When selecting a photo to appear in own Whatsapp Contacts entry circular frame, is there any source other than Photos that can be selected? Can't even find a way of copying it into Photos... -- /\/\aurice
November 14th 16 04:51 PM
by Maurice Go to last post
0 318
Marshmallow for Galaxy S5 mini by Scott[_3_]
There are lots of reports on the Internet that Android 6.0.1 (Marshmallow) is about to be released for the Samsung Galaxy S5 mini. I contacted Samsung support, who were spectacularly unhelpful, sending repeated emails containing standard text with only an approximate connection to the question, that did not answer my direct question. Does anyone here know whether it will be released? I'm also...
November 13th 16 01:48 PM
by Daniel James[_2_] Go to last post
1 313
Moto 4G Plus: Is there a better version of Contacts? by Maurice
Just been moving into a Moto 4G Plus, and am missing some Contacts function I had on my previous phone (Samsung Galaxy 3 Mini). On the Galaxy, Contacts had a Groups function, by which I could define a group of contacts with a group name that I could send text messages to. There seems to be no such function in the Moto's Contacts, nor does it seem to have a way of adding a 'Cc' contact to...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 12th 16 04:45 PM
by Maurice Go to last post
11 380
Importing Contacts via SIM by Maurice
In the process of moving into a Moto 4G Plus 16GB phone, from a Samsung Galaxy 3 Mini, I was hoping to be able to import my Contacts via the SIM, as both are Android. So - on Galaxy - Exported Contacts to SIM, moved SIM into Moto, and requested Import from SIM, but it reported 'No contacts found'. :-( Any other way to xfer Contacts? --
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
November 12th 16 12:03 PM
by Maurice Go to last post
57 682
Screen protector bubbles by Roland Perry
What's the recommended way to get rid of about hundred 2-3mm bubbles after trying to apply an after-market screen protector film? -- Roland Perry
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 11th 16 04:40 PM
by Mark Carver[_2_] Go to last post
11 380
Samsung backup question by Scott[_3_]
I thought I sent Vodafone a text to add a new pack and they deny this. I have deleted my old texts. The phone is backed up using Kies. Is there a way to open up the old backups to read texts (without restoring them to the phone, of course)?
November 9th 16 07:25 PM
by R. Mark Clayton[_2_] Go to last post
3 308
IOS 10.11 by Woody[_4_]
My daughter gave me an iPhone 5 to play with as she has upgraded. A month or two ago it automatically upgraded from IOS 9 to IOS10 with all the attendant problems especially the loss of swipe to unlock - replaced by having to press the button which on iPhone 6 upwards is a fingerprint sensor. The phone now wants to upgrade to IOS 10.11. Has anyone done this and does it fix any of the issues...
November 3rd 16 07:52 PM
by Chris Go to last post
7 319
LG phone switches on frequently by Stuart McCall
Hi all - newbie (to Android) here I have an LG P710 phone with the above annoying feature. When I move the phone it usually switches itself on, so I have to put it to sleep again. Is there a way to stop this from happening? I've looked & looked but can't find such an option. Google is no help either. Anyone? Stuart
November 3rd 16 02:38 PM
by Tim+[_3_] Go to last post
9 320
Best email app (Android) by Scott[_3_]
I am struggling a bit with the default email app in my Samsung Galaxy s5 Mini running on Android 5.1.1. Sometimes it synchronises with the server and sometimes it does not. I am wondering if a third party app would be better, or just the same with different visual appearance. I wonder also about the Gmail app, which I believe can also handle non-Gmail addresses. Would this expose all my...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
November 2nd 16 08:35 AM
by Nigel Wade[_3_] Go to last post
23 473
Using a UK mobile in Australia - local SIM? by Roger Mills[_2_]
I shall be spending nearly a month in Australia shortly, visiting friends and relatives, and need to be able to make calls to Australian numbers while there. One of the SIMs in my dual SIM Moto-G phone is a UK '3' PAYG SIM so, if I buy an add-on for that, I should be able to use their "Feel at Home" facility to make calls back to the UK. But that's not much use for calls within...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 31st 16 12:50 PM
by Soruk Go to last post
16 400