Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : UK Mobile Phones Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Moto G4 Plus 16GB (Black), single SIM: How to get Date/Day onopening screen by Maurice
On the SO's new Moto G4 Plus 16GB we have tried - in vain - to get the opening screen to show date & day, but - apart from Clock (which can thej be opened to show that info) - could not find a way. Anyone know how, please? Also, in Contacts there is an 'Add contact' button, but a Delete option is nowhere to be seen. Anyone know how to do that, please? --
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 25th 16 10:00 PM
by Chris Go to last post
15 335
How to find the network by jasperuk
Hi I have a Motorola G phone and i have no idea what network it is locked to and the original packaging and sim are not with the phone How do I find the UK network the phone is on ??? Cheers Gavin
7 315
What are 'Google Play Services'? by Steve[_21_]
As far as I know, I don't use any 'Google Play Services' and yet they are taking a full 25% of my battery life on my Nexus 5. What are they and can I turn them (or some of them) off?
October 21st 16 06:50 AM
by Steve[_21_] Go to last post
2 232
Mifi and background updating by [email protected]
A friend has spotted what looks like a serious gotcha for Mifi users who are planning to use their unit to provide wifi access for a smartphone. Is he right? The problem is the "only download updates etc when I am connected via Wifi" setting for Smartphones. This works sensibly when wifi means data at zero marginal cost. But if you are using a Mifi unit, the Smartphone is getting its data via...
October 18th 16 10:34 AM
by Roland Perry Go to last post
4 268
Interesting item by Woody[_4_]
For anyone who did not hear it I would suggest digging in iPlayer for an interview done my Jon Humphrys on the Today programme Saturday 15/10/16 at a little after 08:45 (so running time of 1hr 45m or thereabouts.) It was with Professor John Goodenough of the University of Texas at Austin. He is the man who invented Lithium-Ion batteries and at 94 he still works every day at the University....
October 16th 16 04:13 PM
by Peter Crosland Go to last post
1 233
What's the scam here by tim...
received a text from 07953222222 telling me that I have a voicemail from an 0751... number (which I don't recognise and can't find an owner for on t' net) and the text tells me to dial 222 to pick up my voicemail BUT
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 7th 16 10:54 AM
by Someone Somewhere Go to last post
10 397
Three 4G super-voice by Chris
I've just found out about Supervoice on There and it's available here. Is this just marketing ******** or is there something behind it? http://www.three.co.uk/Discover/network/4G-Supervoice
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
September 28th 16 04:00 PM
by R. Mark Clayton[_2_] Go to last post
21 608
EU roaming charges by Andrew Gabriel
Just heard that the EU has abandoned its proposal for abolishing roaming charges. Earlier this week it was apparently watered down so that extra roaming charges could only be levied after first 30 or 90 days roaming, but now the whole proposal has fallen through. -- Andrew Gabriel
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
September 24th 16 11:40 AM
by Chris in Makati Go to last post
69 902
321 (P&G) SIM in Audi car. by R. Mark Clayton[_2_]
Posh Audi cars (possibly all new ones) have a SIM slot that you can put a SIM in and use both as a hands free car phone and for a data connection for the car (e.g. bringing up Google maps instead of stored ones and wi-fi in the back or when stationary). 3 tell me that they will not treat the car as a data device and cut off one of these SIMs as a result. Has anyone on this group actually done...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
September 14th 16 07:47 PM
by tim... Go to last post
11 496
Integrated socket outlets (USB) by Scott[_3_]
Are there any issues in terms of safety or speed in using a socket outlet with built-in USB sockets rather than the supplied charger to charge a mobile phone or similar device? I am thinking about the MK product https://www.mkelectric.com/en-gb/Pages/USB.aspx not a trip to the pound shop. Thanks for any assistance.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
September 5th 16 05:25 PM
by Scott[_3_] Go to last post
22 566
Not regsistered on network; Three SIM in Galaxy 3 Mini by Maurice
After months of normal working - both home and abroad - I recently found the phone took forever to send an SMS, and today I am totally cut off from receiving or making voice calls (even to check the PAYG balance). If try to make a voice call, I get "Not registered with network", though the phone shows a 3-bar signal (2G around here). Tried the cures shown on internet (remove battery &...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
August 31st 16 09:16 AM
by Someone Somewhere Go to last post
30 815
NFC question by Scott[_3_]
I was wondering this morning: does leaving NFC switched on affect the battery life of a phone? Is it best to turn it off when not needed or does it make no difference?
August 30th 16 08:31 AM
by Martin Brown Go to last post
5 385
Cashback deals. Who pays? by Tim+[_3_]
Just applied for a sim only deal with EE via Mobile Phones Direct. It's for a 12 month deal @ £21.99 per month for 4 GB of data, unlimited calls, unlimited texts and with a £120 cash back bringing the (eventual) cost down to a much more reasonable £11.99 per month. Obviously I apply to MPD for my cash backs but who gives them the money? EE? What's in it for MPD or EE to sell services like...
August 26th 16 10:35 AM
by Flop Go to last post
1 344
Query about Windows on phones by Tim+[_3_]
I have an old Windows PC program that I would love to have on a phone. It's been suggested elsewhere that it might run on a Windows phone although personally I'm doubtful. Call a modern Windows phone run any Windows PC software (that's Windows 7 compatible)? Tim --
August 25th 16 08:35 AM
by Roland Perry Go to last post
4 365
Virgin Mobile bill shock by Roland Perry
I'm in the process of moving all our phones off Virgin Pay Monthly, because (I suspect) EE have closed at least one local base station - possibly an Orange one = leaving us with just one ex-Tmobile site, which has recently been what they call "intermittent". Plenty of signal when working, but off for hours on end. Much probing of both Virgin and EE tech support appears to reveal they don't...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
19 586
Mi-Fi external aerial by Woody[_4_]
Has anyone found an external aerial for a mi-fi (such as the Huawei E5372 like what I have) that is spec'd for the 3G band? They all seem to cover 800, 900, 1800, 2500 and 2600 MHz bands but none quote 3G (2110MHz.) -- Woody harrogate3 at ntlworld dot com
August 23rd 16 09:18 AM
by Mizter T Go to last post
7 367
Smallest top up to activate EE sim? by Tim+[_3_]
I suspect that the only answer is a tenner but I live in hope of finding that it's possible with less. ;-) I want to test EE reception locally and I don't particularly want to blow £10 on a "test" sim. 18 months ago local reception was pants and I jumped ship as a protest without much expectation of finding a better local network (which I haven't found). Since then they've supposedly rolled...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
August 22nd 16 04:04 PM
by Maurice Go to last post
29 707
Leaving Virgin - did I mess up the timing? by Roland Perry
I was on Virgin Pay Monthly and accept I need to give a month's notice. My billing date each month is the 15th. What happened was this: Gave notice, got PAC, bought new service: 12th Aug. Switchover took place 16th Aug. Just before switchover, Virgin send a txt saying "We've renewed your monthly sub" I'm not interested in any potential refund for 12th-15th Sept.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
August 20th 16 07:25 PM
by Tim+[_3_] Go to last post
34 700
X-Post - Suitable phone for long term travel to Africa/India by David[_8_]
A friend may be off in a few months to two separate locations (work related) and is likely to be spending around 3 months in each location. Requirements a (1) Smart phone (2) Work in Africa (Ghana) and India (3) Repair/replacement cover in case of damage
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 17th 16 11:24 AM
by David[_8_] Go to last post
16 493
Mobile data SIM problem by Daniel James[_2_]
Lots of mobile comms folk here, I wonder whether any of you can help with something that's been vexing me? I've just taken delivery of a nice new Lenovo Thinkpad with a 4G data card in it. There's a little SIM card tray that takes a micro-SIM and pokes into a USB-sized hole in one side, where it engages with a receptacle on the motherboard (some distance away from the actual M.2 LTE modem...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 11th 16 12:30 PM
by Daniel James[_2_] Go to last post
17 993