Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : UK Mobile Phones Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
bluetooth headset with PC USB adaptor using Skype by JWH
Hi, Novice is poised to go for the 'on the net' phone service Skype, to get the cheap calls abroad. But i do need to be able to move about the house whilst using it. So from what i can see in the Argos catalogue the Motorola H300 bluetooth headset ( £29. 99) and the Argos Mikomi USB adaptor 100 metre = £14. 99 or the Belkin 100 metre = £19. 99 seem to be a good bet to me. Is this likely...
July 5th 06 07:13 PM
by Joe Harrison Go to last post
3 225
Orange Email Manager SMS by [email protected]
Recently for no apparent reason I have started to get a daily 7pm SMS from 5853, Orange Email Manager. Does anyone know how to stop these messages? I think I am being charged 5p for them and they are completely pointless because I never use my orange.net email address. So far I have tried with no success: 1. turning off email notification at orange.net
July 5th 06 06:42 PM
by peterdaniel Go to last post
4 494
GPRS in Japan by Richard Sobey
Hi all, This may sound silly. Is GPRS supported on any Japanese networks? Thanks Richard
July 5th 06 06:00 PM
by Yozzi Go to last post
2 248
Talking on mobile as bad as drink driving by Martin≤
On the news today: Research at Utah uni proved that having a conversation while driving is as bad as driving with 0.08% alcohol in your blood i.e. over the limit. This applies equally to hands free operation. More details on ITV teletext page 324. Which neatly confirms UK research done more then 10 years ago and reported (IIRC) on Tomorrows World. It concluded that the GSM lossy compression...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
July 5th 06 05:30 PM
by Ivor Jones Go to last post
28 546
Phones with WMA support? by Mehdi
On Mon, 03 Jul 2006 20:41:44 +0100, Mark wrote: Apart from (some of?) the Orange Smartphones (and their equivalents, natch), is there any hard and fast rule about which, if any, manufacturers' devices play WMA files as well as MP3? From what I've seen so far its mostly just AAC and MP3. You'll be safe enough with a Windows Mobile Smartphone. Apart from that, a few Nokia smartphone...
July 5th 06 04:23 PM
by Steve Henson Go to last post
7 328
N73 in the UK? by Paul Turner
Hi everyone, Does anyone know anything about if/when the Nokia N73 will be released in the UK? Which network first? I've heard rumours about July/August but there doesn't seem to be much about on it. Anyone heard anything?
July 5th 06 03:23 PM
by Paul Turner Go to last post
0 171
Resetting Blackberry by [email protected]
Hi I have a Blackberry 8700c that is currently used on another Blackberry Enterprise Server (our out-sourced provider) and we are bringing Exchange in-house. I need to remove the BB Ent Server service from this 8700c and bring it our internal BB Ent Server. What kind of reset do I need to do? I have backed up all the relevant data.
July 5th 06 02:08 PM
by Colin Forrester Go to last post
1 190
Any good free computer to mobile SMS services? by Chris
Any good free computer to mobile SMS services? What I mean by good is spyware-free etc. -- Chris
July 5th 06 11:43 AM
by Chris Go to last post
0 194
can it sterilise water? by Lenny
Summers here, lots of us push off into the wilds. Forgot your primus? :-) http://rense.com/general72/cellcook.htm
3 187
FS Cellphone Booster Antenna Sticker+ MORE ITEMS by [email protected]
HOME APPLIANCE STORE http://homeappliance.byethost32.com/ MORE ELECTRONICS AND COMPUTER http://shop.byethost8.com/ DIAMOND http://diamond.byethost13.com/ CLOTHES AND COSMETIC
July 5th 06 06:58 AM
by Who me? Go to last post
1 210
Phone insurance: Is it worth it? by Tim Rogers
Just started a £30 a month contract with Orange. Was thinking of taking out Orange Care (£5 a month). Is it worth it or can I just use my home contents insurance which has cover for personal possessions? Thanks, Tim
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 5th 06 12:32 AM
by John Kenyon Go to last post
13 445
O2 PAYG Balance Check by manckevin
Is anyone else experiencing this? After sending a text from my phone using O2, I *ALWAYS* got a message back giving my new/current balance. Now for the last 3/4 days, nothing. Just wondering if O2 have changed something (for the better I hasten to add) but not sure if others are having the same?
July 4th 06 08:55 PM
by Dave C Go to last post
1 366
Motorola v635 by tamboys
I've just bought a V635 off e-bay,the phone is locked to T-mobile.I put my old T-mobile sim in and all seemed well,i can make and receive calls.When i try to acess functions on the handset it asks me for either unlock or security codes.I tried the default 1234 or 000000 but these don't work.Any ideas before i contact the...
July 4th 06 06:42 PM
by tamboys Go to last post
0 184
Memory Card 6230i ?? by Brian A
I want a 1GB memory card for 6230i. I am a bit confused with the various types of memory. The basic type is MMC, and afaik MMC-RS is also compatible with the adapter extension. However, the MMC+ (also, I think called MMC mobile and dual voltage) has more connections. Shown here http://tinyurl.com/h99br The MMC has 7 connections across the top whereas the MMC+ has 8 and more below. It doesn't...
July 4th 06 06:03 PM
by Brian A Go to last post
3 189
GPRS Settings by Michael Bourne
Just got an MDA Vario on T-Mobile and I'm having problems sending and receiving email. I can connect to the internet and I know the email account works fine (have tested via outlook) Can someone help me out with setting etc
1 206
Are the Vodafone 3g Mobile Data Connect cards SIM locked? by Moonshine
There are a lot of these cards turning up on ebay because they are provided free/bundled with certain new laptops. I'm after an Optionís GlobeTrotter FUSIONô data card as cheaply as possible for testing purposes - and I believe that's what the Vodafone cards are. However I need to be able to use it with T-Mobile. Thanks
July 4th 06 04:58 PM
by Moonshine Go to last post
0 200
Received delivery report for someone else? by Brian Wescombe
About two weeks ago, my girlfriend had a delivery report on her Virgin PAYG phone for a number she's never sent a message to (and delivery reports are not turned on anyway). Also, yesterday I received two messages from a mobile number, one was blank and the other said "who are you?" I've never sent a message to the sender's number and it's not in my phone book. Is it possible that someone...
July 4th 06 03:49 PM
by Brian Wescombe Go to last post
3 238
One Roam Global Sim by Atropos
www.oneroam.co.uk I'm wanting to get one of these for use in France. The French Orange Sim card has credit expiry etc. Now at 12.99(+ VAT but includes 5 Euro crediT, that's alot cheaper than all others I've seen(Riiing, GoSim, GeoSim), the credit doesn't expire either. It doesn't use a callback service either by the sounds of things, you just use full international dialling.
July 4th 06 03:26 PM
by Atropos Go to last post
6 415
Setting DRM for Off Portal Wap by [email protected]
Hello, I'm interested to learn how can i apply basic OMA 1 DRM for an off portal wap store. The wap is hosted on an independent server, and offer downloads of various mobile content items. How do I integrate the DRM engine into it? Does it have to be installed somehow on the server?
0 166
premier 600 and orange care by tony heath
Can someone please advise, I have premier 600 which has orange care included. Is it possible to keep the plan but get rid of orange care? hanks very much Tony Heath
July 4th 06 01:24 PM
by NickD Go to last post
8 335
Post New Thread