Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : UK Mobile Phones Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Non-replaceable batteries? by AnthonyL
So is Li-Ion technology so good now that the batteries really have a good lifetime or are we simply expected to replace the battery with a new phone every 2-3 yrs? Still running a Win CE 2007 phone which has got a bit outdated. -- AnthonyL
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
June 9th 16 04:31 PM
by tim... Go to last post
90 1,827
Virgin Mobile 08 calls by DrTeeth
Hi, I'll ask here rather than chatting to the Indian call centre. I am just moving to VM on a SIM only deal. My tariff includes 1000 regular minutes and 1000 minutes for 08 numbers. It is not crystal clear from the blurb, but am I correct in assuming that it means *all* 08 numbers, like 0844 and 0871 etc? It seems an awfully handy inclusion and makes it much cheaper using my mobile for calling...
June 9th 16 12:39 PM
by DrTeeth Go to last post
7 425
Life Mobile Voicemail by Phil[_2_]
Just moved to Life mobile. Just wondering if there's a way of extending the time before voicemail picks up a call? I think when I was on EE there was a code you typed in. Is there something similar on Life Mobile? Thanks in advance. -- ----Android NewsGroup Reader----
June 5th 16 02:55 PM
by Phil[_2_] Go to last post
3 1,279
How to turn off "diverting active" message (old Samsung smartphone) by Mr Macaw
Do you have voicemail on your mobile? If so, when you make a call, does it pester you with a message saying "diverts active"? There must be a way to turn that message off (without disabling voicemail), as it gets in the way when I'm trying to turn on speakerphone before someone answers.
June 3rd 16 04:25 PM
by Mr Macaw Go to last post
0 255
Aznog? by Roger Mills[_2_]
I received a couple of unsolicited texts today containing an activation code for Aznog. I'd never heard of Aznog - and certainly hadn't signed up for anything - but a quick Google suggests that it's some sort of VoIP service which allows free calls (albeit limited to 2 minutes at a time) to be made from a mobile phone to other mobiles and landlines - both in the UK and a list of other...
June 1st 16 07:50 PM
by Roger Mills[_2_] Go to last post
0 284
Mobile mast locations? by Gareth Evans
Hi, I've done a number of searches on google for Mobile mast locations without any luck. I have bad reception at my home and would like to know where the nearest mobile telephone mast is located. Is there some public map available? Gareth
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 30th 16 10:49 AM
by JonathanChristchurch Go to last post
13 1,869
Network names by Roland Perry
I've just bought a new dual-SIM phone, almost the same model as the one I was using previously. Not a smartphone. The network names on the home screen, with the exact same SIMs have changed from: Virgin & Giffgaff to EE & O2UK. Is that because of a setting I can't find, or more fundamental. -- Roland Perry
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 27th 16 08:52 PM
by Roy Brown Go to last post
14 508
O2 3 Merger by R. Mark Clayton[_2_]
After over ten months the CMA has come to the same conclusion that took me less than ten seconds after I first heard about it: - http://www.theguardian.com/business/2016/apr/11/uk-regulator-wants-european-commission-to-block-three-o2-deal no doubt they all got paid , to conclude the bl***ing obvious! Here is hoping it does not go ahead. O2 customer service has gradually improved since...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
May 11th 16 01:52 PM
by brightside S9 Go to last post
31 1,041
Data v voice calls technical question by Murmansk[_2_]
I notice that most mobile phone contracts seem to give you lots of minutes, limitless texts and limited data. This set me wondering. I seem to remember reading that the networks can reduce the quality of calls at times when the network is busy so I guess the same might be true of data but, all other things being equal, how much of a mobile network's resources are used up on a phone call...
May 9th 16 10:10 AM
by R. Mark Clayton[_2_] Go to last post
3 302
Three S2 - transferring photos etc. to laptop by CJB[_2_]
Three S2 Skyphone I have a S2 - the BBC and other web sites no longer display due to HTML code changes. Skype doesn't work anymore and Microsoft has stolen my Skype credit. However I still use the S2 for tethering and taking photos. The latest problem though is how to transfer photos to a laptop. I tried conecting a USB cable to the phone and laptop - but all it wants to do is run PC Suite -...
May 7th 16 11:19 PM
by CJB[_2_] Go to last post
3 299
Doro 612 - SOS calls only with Giffgaff by CJB[_2_]
A friend lives in the Reading area. Her Doro 612 has a Giffgaff simcard. Up to early this year all was fine. Now the phone keeps cutting out and going to 'SOS Call Only' even during mid-call. She's tried a sim-swap and the same thing is happening. The Doro has been checked out by CPW and has been proclaimed 100% OK. My gut feeling is that the ariel connection inside is loose. But she says that...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
May 7th 16 05:44 PM
by CJB[_2_] Go to last post
10 690
Roaming in the EU by Christof Meerwald[_62_]
I am still a bit confused with the new EU regulation coming into effect this weekend regarding roaming charges... Are UK mobile phone operators generally only going to charge around 4.4p/min for making calls in the EU even if you don't have any minutes allowance? At least that's what EE http://explore.ee.co.uk/roaming/ee/france...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
May 6th 16 08:19 AM
by tim... Go to last post
49 1,098
Huge price increases on Giffgaff by Clive Page[_4_]
Since nothing's been posted here (unless I missed it) and the details are only provided in a very obscure part of their website, I thought I should point out that Giffgaff are putting up most prices rather a lot on 23rd March. UK calls are going up from 10p/minute to 15p/min. The current reasonable data rate of 20p for up to 20MB/day is being abolished, and replaced by a flat rate of 5p/MB....
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
May 1st 16 03:34 AM
by Brian Gregory Go to last post
30 1,119
Making calls over wi-fi by Scott[_3_]
Friend has an iPhone running on EE with an option to make calls over wi-fi. I'm Vodafone using Samsung Galaxy S5 mini. There seems to be no such option. I have looked at the Vodafone site and am now confused. It seems they offer fhe facility with certain tariffs (with an ambiguous footnote which may or may not mean the facility is limited to business users) and only on a small number of...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
April 29th 16 05:34 PM
by Roland Perry Go to last post
24 819
LG G4 charging from laptop USB port by Fredxxx
I have been told by a shop that repaired a G4 you shouldn't charge this phone from a PC or Laptop USB port. And that a consequence is an "expanding battery". Is this really true?
April 29th 16 04:06 PM
by R. Mark Clayton[_2_] Go to last post
1 236
Another reason NOT to buy a Lunia. by R. Mark Clayton[_2_]
Back in December 2014, despite owning both Nokia and Skype, Microsoft quietly disabled it on non windows Nokia phones. Now they have unilaterally cut the cloud allocation that came 'included' in the price from 15Gb to 5Gb. Can Microsoft still be trusted? Will I buy a Lumia phone? Does the Pope live in Tehran?
April 23rd 16 08:35 AM
by R. Mark Clayton[_2_] Go to last post
0 268
Samsung Kies 3 by Scott[_3_]
I see there is a new version of Samsung Kies 3. I upgraded on my 'Admistrator' account (successfully) by when I tried to open the program on my 'User' (non-administrator) account it said there was an update available. I updated but again received the message there was an update. I uninstalled Kies 3 then reinstalled on my Administrator account but when I returned to my User account it still...
9 432
Three Tethering Scam by CJB[_2_]
Three Tethering Scam I have a Three dongle and a '15 for 5GB per month' mobile dongle account.. All is fine except when I run out of data allowance when I have to resort to a fall back. (Top up isn't allowed). This fall back is a Three S2 Skyphone PAYG tethered to my lap top. However Three has now reduced the PAYG options. I usually do a 10 top up. This give me free 3-3 minutes and texts -...
April 4th 16 08:55 PM
by Chronos[_2_] Go to last post
7 604
Phone advice by John Smith[_4_]
I've come to the end of an O2 contract with a Samsung Galaxy S4 and put the contract on monthly SIM only. I'd like like to get another phone as the S4 is rather slow and I've cracked the screen but didn't fancy another 24 month deal. I can get the Galaxy S6 for about 290 - is this a good deal or are there other phones I should look at - mostly interested in good screen and performance in...
2 470
Galaxy S3 storage by Woody[_4_]
I have just been given a Galaxy S3. Can anyone tell me how to make it store photogrpahs received by MMS directly onto the SD card as my previous phone (Huawei) did? Or am I faced with having to manually move the pictures? --
April 2nd 16 09:10 AM
by Woody[_4_] Go to last post
0 381
Post New Thread