Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : UK Mobile Phones Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
"MiFi" for overseas and vice-versa by AnthonyL
Travelling to Asian country about 1 month and looking at internet options. There will be some WiFi at various places but local sims with data are cheap and so are a couple of MiFi devices - well unlocked at around 30 plus 50p/Gb data. I am not sure how versatile these devices are in terms of their spectrum usage - I've been told 1.3 & 2.4GHz. Surely if a mobile phone handles data then they...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 2nd 16 05:29 AM
by Chris in Makati Go to last post
12 834
Downloading SMS file from Samsung Galaxy 3 Mini to PC (Linux) by Maurice
Been trying to download a particular SMS message from a Samsung Galaxy 3 Mini to my PC (running Linux Mageia), but cannot find any. Have tried cpnnecting it via gMTP, also Linux file manager, both of which find all kinds of directories and files, but none of which appear to have the text messages.
March 31st 16 03:17 PM
by Bob[_7_] Go to last post
1 418
How to recover deleted photos on LG G3? by eunchgre
The screen of my LG G3 was broken and I already bought an G4 to replace the old phone. However, I need to get back my photos from the broken device. I can't get into the system so what to do to let me access the photos from G3. They are very important for me. Please advice!
March 27th 16 12:39 AM
by eunchgre Go to last post
3 501
Phone still showing old SIM number following PAC by Chris
My FIL has recently moved from O2 to Three and although the transfer went smoothly, the phone is still reporting the number which came with the Three SIM. This is both on the handset itself and when making outgoing calls. He receives calls fine on his old number and dialing the Three number doesn't connect. The phone is a Galaxy fame on gingerbread, I think. How can it be persuaded to...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 20th 16 04:31 PM
by Someone Somewhere Go to last post
17 701
Sainsbury's mobile by tim...
Sorry for the new thread but MickyMouseSoft trashed my message database. So the 28 days wait is, wait for it, over and still no refund *******s! tim
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
March 18th 16 10:37 AM
by DerekF Go to last post
25 1,044
[OT] Which smartphone to record meetings, consultations, etc? by Peter Parry
On Fri, 26 Feb 2016 12:16:40 GMT, pamela wrote: On 10:48 26 Feb 2016, Brian Gaff wrote: Despite what you say, I'd plump for a record, one of the Olympus or Zzoom ranges are very good and have things like speed listen without changing pitch etc. I have one of those recorders with variable speeds, etc and they are good. However they can look a bit too...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 16th 16 03:27 PM
by The Real Bev Go to last post
12 648
Could lighthouses provide the solution to poor mobile phone coverage? by MB[_5_]
There is a report in the Oban Times that there have been talks between the NLB and a couple of mobile phone companies about the use of lighthouses as mobile phone base stations. It was in several other papers earlier in the month. Could lighthouses provide the solution to poor mobile phone coverage?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
March 12th 16 11:08 PM
by MB[_5_] Go to last post
43 1,268
SMS to E-Mail before it gets to the phone? by [email protected]
Is there any mobile provider who does this? An SMS - E-Mail service that forwards a message when it arrives on my mobile is useless, the whole problem is that it won't arrive on my mobile because we have no coverage at home. I regularly get SMS messages which are days old when I go somewhere away form home with my phone. If there was a mobile provider who would copy the SMS to an...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
March 9th 16 09:08 PM
by Jono Go to last post
18 813
Rip off Vodafone by Nick Keats
Has anyone connected the dots that if you have a problem with terminating a contract and you want to keep your mobile number that the mobile phone companies can hold you to ransom until you pay everything they want you to pay before they will release your number and give you a pac code !! Also Vodfone have a new policy .........You can UPGRADE to a new more expensive package .......but guesse...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
21 952
Samsung S5 Mini by Scott[_3_]
Ever since I bought this phone there has been talk of the new version of Android (5.1 - Lollipop) becoming available but still no sign of it. Does anyone know if it will be available in the UK and indeed whether is is a good idea?
March 2nd 16 09:09 PM
by Scott[_3_] Go to last post
3 522
Three's "Three in Touch", how transparent is it? by [email protected]
Has anyone here used "Three in Touch"? If so can you tell me how transparent it is? I.e. if we set it up to work with our home Wifi (home has very marginal Three coverage, especially indoors) will it 'just work'? In particular I'm interested in making it possible to receive texts here at home without hassle. -- Chris Green
February 25th 16 08:24 AM
by PeeGee Go to last post
1 402
3 PAYG SIM on data by chris
On 05/07/2015 13:24, Tweed wrote: I was under the impression that 3's 321 SIMs did not allow use on an iPad. Yesterday I purchased a SIM from Wilko that claimed to be 3p 2p 1p but was not actually branded as 321. Nowhere in any of the bits of paper did it say it wouldn't work on an iPad. So today I topped it up with £10 and put it in a MIFi (so I could read the text message 3 sent with...
February 18th 16 09:05 PM
by Soruk Go to last post
1 683
Month two of the Xmas EE SIM by Roland Perry
Having ordered four (or possibly five, it's not clear whether EE's different forum peeps talk to each other and dedupe complaints) and received just one, I had my 100G of data during January, and topped up again for the second (and final) month of the offer. Got a fairly content-free text about that, and a week later another attempting to give the impression that they were awarding me a...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 15th 16 10:01 AM
by Martin Nicholas[_10_] Go to last post
13 757
Dealing with SMS spam by Tim+[_3_]
I installed an app for streamline taxis once upon a time. Deleted it not long after but ever since I've been getting the occasional SMS spam from them about once every three months. No big deal but I HATE SMS spam and always respond with STOP. Despite this, they keep coming but from a different number every time. Is there anything I can do other than threaten to charge them a handling fee for...
February 11th 16 08:49 AM
by Allan Go to last post
7 530
Replacement for Yahoo email app by Dick
I have become very frustrated with the Yahoo email app but sticking with it as it seems to be the only Android app that can allow me to send emails from one of the disposable addresses I have set up under my main yahoo account. Is there an app out there that copes with Yahoo disposable addresses please (Note that I do *not* mean multiple yahoo addresses. TIA
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
February 9th 16 02:15 PM
by AnthonyL Go to last post
10 668
So what will it be like if Hutchinson Whampoa (3) take over O2? by R. Mark Clayton[_2_]
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3422375/Mobile-phone-users-fury-Three-doubles-cost-bills-hundreds-thousands-longest-serving-customers-15-30-month.html http://www.mobilenewscwp.co.uk/2016/01/29/three-customers-hit-by-price-hike/ http://metro.co.uk/2016/01/29/three-causes-outrage-by-doubling-cost-of-phone-contracts-from-15-to-30-5651647/ http://www.neowin.net/news/uk-mobile-network-three-...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
February 5th 16 03:33 PM
by Maurice Go to last post
37 1,232
Which phone? Moto E 2015 or HTC Desire 320 by Dick
So, a new budget phone beckons and I've read lots of reviews but would appreciate any opinions on the Moto E 2015 as compared witht eh HTC Desire 320. Specs and sizes are broadly similar but Moto doesn't have a LED that can be used as a torch and the HTC runs KitKat rather than Loliipop (but maybe this is an advantage?). TIA
February 3rd 16 01:42 PM
by Dick Go to last post
7 564
Phones that allow fingernail touch? by Mr Macaw
Has the world gone completely over to capacitive touchscreens? My old satnav lets me tap with my fingernail (it's a resistive screen), but I've not seen a mobile in quite some time that allows this. You have to use the end of your finger, which is less precise, leaves fingerprints, and to me doesn't feel very comfortable to do repeatedly, especially dragging - it's like running your nails down...
January 30th 16 09:05 PM
by Mr Macaw Go to last post
2 430
Proprietary Apple connectors are more reliable by R. Mark Clayton[_2_]
Aren't they? http://9to5mac.com/2016/01/28/apple-wall-adapter-recall/ https://www.apple.com/support/ac-wallplug-adapter/ Their latest stunt is to ditch the 3.5mm jack because it is 'too thick' for their latest thin phone. I have three old Motorola phones and several Siemens DECT phones with 2.5mm jacks - all over ten years' old.
January 28th 16 04:32 PM
by R. Mark Clayton[_2_] Go to last post
0 422
How to have a phone for two users, or manage someone else's phone? by [email protected]
My wife is a very busy sort of person (a college principal) so I try to do all of the spadework of managing her mobile phone accounts (phone and tablet). If I register the account in my name then I can do all the management but occasionally things go awry when she needs to do something. On the other hand if I use her name then I can't do anything with the account. Customer services at Three...
January 28th 16 11:26 AM
by Woody[_4_] Go to last post
4 428
Post New Thread