Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : UK Mobile Phones Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Passive repeaters? by T i m
Hi all, Are those mobile 'passive repeaters' you see that are supposed to re-radiate mobile phone frequencies to the inside of your car just snake oil or if they do work (and I could see how they might (higher gain aerial than on your phone etc)), do you think one would be of use for getting the signal from the front of a shop (where you can generally get reasonable signal) to the back (where...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 27th 16 02:29 PM
by Martin Brown Go to last post
76 1,378
BeeTee by Allan
Now that BT has consumed EE, will it become BeeTee Sorry, I'll get my coat... :-)
January 27th 16 08:56 AM
by Tim Miller Go to last post
6 483
Trouble getting PAC - how to progress? by [email protected]
I'm having trouble getting a PAC. The company won't give me a PAC unless I call them from the mobile number in question, but I gave them enough detail to prove it was my number. I have also tried requesting it from my login on their web site which should also prove the request is from me. How can I progrss this? The OFCOM site is pretty useless, it just says how it should work but with no...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 26th 16 06:02 PM
by Phil W Lee[_2_] Go to last post
39 930
It's official BT can buy EE. by R. Mark Clayton[_2_]
The CMA is broadly correct - this one does not materially affect competition in either the landline, broadband or mobile market. EE customers can now look forward to a new standard of customer service and where terms and conditions are changed on a different timescale than before. Of course this group has already heard from former Orange customers, who long for a return to the quality of their...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 23rd 16 06:05 PM
by Mark Carver Go to last post
38 1,044
Which phone shops sell unlocked phones. by Ian Field
The good news is, I've been in Tesco and they told me I can just put my existing SIM in any unlocked phone. They had a phone I liked, but it was more than the cash I had on me and they wouldn't let me buy it with the surplus on my account. Sainsburys have a Samsung for only 10 but it needs an expensive case that might not even protect the buttons, and the sales droid seemed a little...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 22nd 16 08:42 PM
by Ian Field Go to last post
300 2,548
SLC codes. by Ian Field
The manufacturer of a handset I have for which the service provider is gone, has sent me 2x 8 digit codes for it - but no instructions. Can anyone tell me the unlock procedure? Thanks for any help.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 19th 16 09:17 PM
by Ian Field Go to last post
10 585
Moto G 3rd Gen by Phil[_2_]
Was thinking of getting one of these. Seems to have good reviews and looks decent for the price. Is there anything else I should be looking at around the same price? ----Android NewsGroup Reader---- http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 18th 16 08:55 PM
by Chris Go to last post
17 705
Topping up in shops (Asda Mobile) by tim.....
Hi, I have always thought that those "credit cards" that they give you could be used in any shop where they offer top up. But I've never actually needed to do that, so I've never tried it. But now that I have been dumped from Sainsbury's and had to switch to Asda I don't have a convenient store to go to.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 17th 16 02:03 PM
by tim..... Go to last post
15 522
Reading out a number incorrectly by Mr Macaw
Does it confuse anybody else when someone in a call centre says, "Is your mobile number 045 6737 6215 instead of 04567 376 215? When the first way is used I have no idea if it's my number. -- Little Sally came home from school with a smile on her face, and told her mother, "Frankie Brown showed me his penis today at the playground!" Before the mother could raise a concern, "Sally went on...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
January 16th 16 07:20 PM
by Mr Macaw Go to last post
25 574
Micro USB confusion. by Ian Field
A USB cable I'd been using to try and "manipulate" a Nokia X3-00 was later tried on a Motorola V220 - which also failed to connect. Suspecting a dodgy USB cable, I tried another and the Motorola connected straight away. Great I thought - I'll try the working cable on the Nokia. Unfortunately, the micro USB plug won't fit in the Nokia.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 14th 16 04:01 PM
by R. Mark Clayton[_2_] Go to last post
16 546
Cheap fold or slide phone. by Ian Field
Had a look on Ebay - prices around 20 - 25 ish. My network is Tesco Mobile, next time I go there I can check out their prices. Can I do better than Ebay for instance? Really looking for something pretty basic, I hardly ever even use the camera function. The Nokia 2720F was a little bit fiddly, so I had to go and get my reading glasses every time - so that's an indication of how basic I'd...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
January 12th 16 08:21 PM
by Mizter T Go to last post
58 1,440
Three network dataless cell. The saga continues by Tim+[_3_]
Well, I've twice been assured that the problem with the dataless cell has been fixed. This is an area of my town that has good reception where you can make/receive calls & texts, but can't access any data at all and haven't been able to for over a month now. Alas, despite assurances of a fix, the problem remains. Today I was phoned and told that it was down to "congestion" which I think is...
January 6th 16 10:59 AM
by Tim+[_3_] Go to last post
8 565
Differences when enabling flight mode by Allan
I was in the Lake District at the weekend (New Year's Eve) with walking partner. As the valley we were in has no (none, nada) mobile reception, we tend to put our mobiles into flight mode to save the battery (otherwise the phone pertually tries to find a network which wears the battery down quicker). My phone: Samsung Galaxy S4 on T-Mobile/EE Her phone: Nokia Lumia 920 on Tesco (O2) After...
January 5th 16 04:11 PM
by Allan Go to last post
3 369
LG Leon by Woody[_4_]
Anyone here got experience of this smartphone. Ticks all the boxes for me and currently available at JS on VF at 99.99 - but I'm sure someone will know where to get it (preferably unlocked) cheaper? -- Woody harrogate3 at ntlworld dot com
January 5th 16 02:28 PM
by Woody[_4_] Go to last post
0 369
Sainsbury's again by DerekF
I spoke to them today on the options to reclaim my unused PAYG credit. They offered it as a Sainsbury's gift card, a refund by cheque or by Nectar points. They said it is their intention when the service ends to credit any linked nectar cards with the outstanding balance or to offer refund options when users ask for a PAC code. There is evidently an option on their web site to ask for a PAC...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
January 2nd 16 07:34 PM
by DrTeeth Go to last post
22 1,555
Change of mobile provider gives longer battery life by Murmansk[_2_]
I've got a Motorola Moto X Play and it's got a particularly good battery life - which was why I got it. It's often got 40% of its battery left after 24 hours and that's good for a smartphone in my experience. Anyway, I've changed from 3 to GiffGaff (02 network) and now, my battery is lasting even longer - perhaps another 8 hours. How can this be, my usage and pattern of behaviour have been the...
December 31st 15 08:05 PM
by Woody[_4_] Go to last post
8 463
Mi-Fi SIM by Woody[_4_]
Question: if I buy a SIM for my mi-fi unit and that SIM comes with a 30-day bundle, when does that 30 day period start? Is it the first time the SIM registers with the SP, or is it the first time a data transaction takes place? I have several such SIMs but haven't used any yet. I suppose it could be that the first time I go on line I have to give ersonal info so as such that could/would be...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
December 31st 15 10:39 AM
by Roland Perry Go to last post
30 1,472
Three cannot receive text messages fom S.Africa by Maurice
Just to confirm that - as reported ewarlier in here - Three still cannot receive text messages from S.Africa, so my family members there at the moment cannot exchange messages with me. I did check with Three about this in August, and they admitted the problem: ---------------------------------- Dear Customer
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 21st 15 01:16 PM
by Tim+[_3_] Go to last post
18 703
Google maps on a Samsung SGH-F480V (Tocco) by Mr Macaw
Anyone got a Samsung SGH-F480V (Tocco)? Anyone get google maps working (an app or a webpage?) -- Is it true that DNA stands for the National Dyslexia Association?
December 20th 15 10:35 PM
by Mr Macaw Go to last post
1 378
Homepage setting ignored on Samsung SGH-F480V (Tocco) by Mr Macaw
Anyone got a Samsung SGH-F480V (Tocco)? I have the homepage in the settings as Google. If I click "go to homepage" it does so. But when I start the browser, it always goes to the Virgin Mobile homepage. How do I stop this? -- Is it true that DNA stands for the National Dyslexia Association?
December 20th 15 09:42 PM
by Mr Macaw Go to last post
0 358
Post New Thread