Old November 28th 18, 03:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile,comp.mobile.android,uk.telecom.broadband
nospam nospam is offline

Default Mobile faster than wi-fi in many countries

In article , Carlos E.R.
wrote:

Well, my WiFi does at most 45 Mbit (with a 600 Mbit land line).

that would be a *very* old wifi router, long overdue to upgrade,
especially when the uplink is more than 10x faster.

So 4G,
with a theoretical speed of 301Mbit, is faster than my WiFi - unless
there are many phones in the area actively using internet, because the
speed is shared.

4g is a marketing name.

lte advanced and advanced pro, often called gigabit lte, are well in
excess of 300mbit.

<https://5g.co.uk/guides/lte-advanced-pro/
Data speeds in excess of 3Gbps (LTE-A: 1Gbps)
<http://www.3gpp.org/technologies/keywords-acronyms/97-lte-advanced
Increased peak data rate, DL 3 Gbps, UL 1.5 Gbps

regardless, saturating a single cell tower would take a *lot* of
simultaneous network activity, even at slower speeds.

Many people have such slow WiFi. And even slower if living on a flat
(apartment): 1 MB is typical.

nonsense. 802.11g from 15 years ago is faster than that and flat is
preferred over multiple floors.

Yes, it is possible to purchase access points using 5 Gh and improve speed.

yep, and for very little money too, however, not required to be faster
than 45mbit.