Old November 28th 18, 05:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile,comp.mobile.android,uk.telecom.broadband
123456789 123456789 is offline

Default Mobile faster than wi-fi in many countries

On 11/28/2018 6:03 AM, Carlos E.R. wrote:

my WiFi does at most 45 Mbit (with a 600 Mbit land line). So 4G,
with a theoretical speed of 301Mbit, is faster than my WiFi

How do you test your speed?

When I test my overall speed I often get different answers depending on
the device used, even though I test at the same (seconds apart) time,
same cable connection, same WiFi, and using the same speed test site.
Reported speeds have varied by as much much as 50 Mbps. As a general
rule the cheaper the device I'm using the lower the reported speed. So I
usually just the same device for day to day comparisons.