Old December 5th 18, 07:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile,comp.mobile.android,uk.telecom.broadband
Carlos E.R.[_2_] Carlos E.R.[_2_] is offline

Default Mobile faster than wi-fi in many countries

On 05/12/2018 20.10, NY wrote:
"nospam" wrote in message
In article , 123456789
wrote:

My current house has an HOA...no antennas allowed.

they can only restrict modifications to the structure, not antennas, as
per fcc regulations.

Different countries have different regulations. When my house in the UK
was built, there was a builder's covenant which was part of the title
deeds for each house which said no external aerials. So everyone had
humungous aerials with amplifiers in the loft. Later on, when that
covenant lapsed, n years after the houses had been built and the
builder's publicity photos had been taken, there was no problem with
some people then having satellite dishes on the front (south-facing) wall.

I'm not sure how legally binding the original builder's restriction was,
but everyone abided by it: it just meant a slightly more expensive
aerial, and initially no dish for those people who wantred Sky rather
than Freeview.

Wow :-)

You could emigrate to Spain, before the Brexit, we have an accommodating
law for HAM antennas ;-)

(the community board for an apartment building can not oppose a HAM
placing antennas on the roof, for instance)

--
Cheers, Carlos.