Old December 6th 18, 05:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile,comp.mobile.android,uk.telecom.broadband

Default Mobile faster than wi-fi in many countries

On 06/12/2018 16:56, nospam wrote:
In article , Martin Brown
wrote:

If you are having problems with Apple gear and a specific router it is a
reasonable heuristic to take a look at. There may well be good router
implementations on these chipsets but I have yet to see one. I have seen
plenty of instances of Apple kit being tetchy about what it talks to.

i don't know what you've seen, but i've yet to see a router that has
issues with only apple and nothing else.

again, apple is not doing anything unusual, other than being compliant
with the standards.

It does seem to be less tolerant about what it accepts than some other
implementations on Android and 'Doze.

And you
absolutely need a solid implementation of mDNS in some flavour.

that part is true. mdns is *extremely* useful.

The key being that it needs to be rock solid or things will break.

no different than anything else, and break doesn't necessarily mean no
functionality at all.

What it tends to mean is that things do work for a while and then
mysteriously stop working requiring one or other of the affected devices
or routers to be power cycled before the Apple will play again. Android
and PC devices still work OK whilst the iP*d Wifi link is belly up.

Martin Brown