Old February 10th 19, 10:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom.mobile

Default Routers

Java Jive wrote:

you need to be able to crack open the case and solder the serial
console connection, but if your eyesight isn't up to that just buy one
of the £20 pre-hacked versions that are also plentiful on eBay.

That's not so good

couple of spudgers and take it slow getting the back off to avoid
snapping little bits of plastic, I've done three, I think I found a
youtube video on where to spudge when doing the first one.

-* these days it's not so much eyesight as
steadiness of hand with the soldering iron.* Even the Cisco LinkSys
WT320n with a standard pitch edge connector was a little fraught, but,
anyway, when it arrives, I'll see what I can do with it.

You need a 3.3V TTL-R232 dongle, and only need to solder RX/TX/GND
points, plus one extra pin to short to GND to put it into a special boot
mode.