Old February 10th 19, 11:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband,uk.telecom.mobile

Default Routers

Java Jive wrote:

I already have a Huawei E3372, which I'm hoping will work

I think that's what I have, AFAIR the default firmware runs the dongle
in "router mode" where it pretends to be a virtual ethernet device, and
that does work, but I wanted to be able to see 4G signal levels etc, so
I reflashed it into "stick mode" where it's a modem and you use it in
PPP session, that makes it shall we say "a little more interesting" to
get working with openWRT and I would recommend you leave it in the
factory mode :-)