Old May 16th 19, 10:13 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
chris chris is offline

Default Suddenly have a doubt about diverting calls

On 16/05/2019 09:05, Someone Somewhere wrote:
On 15/05/2019 20:23, Chris wrote:

Am going abroad shortly and my current SIM provider (idmobile) has
extortionate prices for the US. So, I thought "fine. I'll just get a
Three
SIM and divert my calls to that whilst in away".

I've never done this before and now I have a doubt. Will what I thought
work? I want to use the same phone, but swap the SIMs and still get calls
to my usual number, on idmobile, sent to my new three SIM.

I see the call forwarding option is on the phone not at the network
level,
so if I swap SIMs it won't work. Is that right?

No - it's on a network level (assuming that idmobile permit it - a lot
of operators don't).

OK. I'm going to have to test it.

Note that even if it is allowed, SMS won't be forwarded.

Yes. I was aware of that.

Thanks.