Old June 5th 19, 04:07 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
Chris in Makati Chris in Makati is offline

Default POTUS's Tweets

On Tue, 4 Jun 2019 10:40:09 +0100, Martin Brown
wrote:

On 03/06/2019 19:04, MissRiaElaine wrote:
On 03/06/2019 18:06, Woody wrote:
On Mon 03/06/2019 16:28, MissRiaElaine wrote:
On 03/06/2019 14:59, MB wrote:
The media are making a lot of Trump busy typing his Tweets about
London's useless mayor as his aircraft came into land at Stanstead.

Is it not more likely that he had typed them on his Blackberry
earlier and they were transmitted as they came into range of the UK
mobile network?

I couldn't give two hoots about Trump or any of his rantings. It's
through him that I'll never be able to visit friends in the States
again. I refuse point blank to give 5 years history of my email
accounts and phone numbers to get into the country. I'm not sure I
even remember what phone numbers I had 5 years ago.

I think, Ria, that you have got the wrong end of the handle. AFAICT
the queries are only voluntary and are selective on people with Arab
or Islamic connections. They don't require history, only your social
media names and your latest employment and as I said it is voluntary.

Or are you a clandestine member of ISIS which none of us knew?

See he

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-...eporting-story

Unless I'm missing something..?

The thing you seem to have missed is that as a UK citizen you can visit
the USA for up to 90 days under the Visa waiver program aka ESTA.

https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/visa-waiver-program/

But watch out for fake sites that take your money and do nothing.

Unless your name is on a watch list or something bad. I knew one poor
sod who has to tick the box "have you ever been refused entry to the
USA?" after getting on a transatlantic flight without a valid passport.

There was someone who was prosecuted by his local council for putting
garden waste in the wrong bin.

That conviction meant that he could no longer travel to the USA on the
visa waiver system, so he has to apply for a visa at the embassy.