Old June 12th 19, 05:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
Scott[_3_] Scott[_3_] is offline

Default USB-C question

On Wed, 12 Jun 2019 18:08:05 +0100, Martin Smith
wrote:

On 12/06/2019 17:09, Scott wrote:
I have finally replaced my phone after all repair attempts failed. I
bought a Pixel 3a, attracted by the offer of updates direct from
Google instead of relying on third parties (which has proved
unreliable in the past).

The phone comes with an 18 watt charger and USB-C lead. However, this
is a three-pin charger, and I also want a two-pin (euro) charger for
use overseas. I can't see any to purchase and I do not anticipate
Google providing one FOC. It occurs to me that I could buy a USB-C to
USB lead and use an existing charger. Clearly, charging would take
longer. Google counsel against this on the basis that a less powerful
charger my not charge the phone and may cause damage. Is this a real
concern with a reputable charger or are they really trying to
discourage poor qualty equipment?

Scott

PS Does anyone want a Moto G4 Play? It is perfectly okay apart from
not making any calls or sending any texts so may interest anyone with
electronics knowledge. Free to a good home!

our local pharmacy has a stack of travel adapters to plug your 3 pink uk
thing into and plug that into whatever country you are in, have a look
in yours

I'm aware of these but I don't want that sort of clutter. I want to
be able to use a dedicated euro type charger as the natives do. .