Old June 12th 19, 08:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
Scott[_3_] Scott[_3_] is offline

Default USB-C question

On 12 Jun 2019 20:35:07 GMT, Bob Eager wrote:

On Wed, 12 Jun 2019 17:09:02 +0100, Scott wrote:

I have finally replaced my phone after all repair attempts failed. I
bought a Pixel 3a, attracted by the offer of updates direct from Google
instead of relying on third parties (which has proved unreliable in the
past).

The phone comes with an 18 watt charger and USB-C lead. However, this
is a three-pin charger, and I also want a two-pin (euro) charger for use
overseas. I can't see any to purchase and I do not anticipate Google
providing one FOC. It occurs to me that I could buy a USB-C to USB lead
and use an existing charger. Clearly, charging would take longer.
Google counsel against this on the basis that a less powerful charger my
not charge the phone and may cause damage. Is this a real concern with
a reputable charger or are they really trying to discourage poor qualty
equipment?

Well, many of these chargers come with exchangeable pins, to save on
costs. For example:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B078GMRBZZ

A bit bulky for my liking.

Or this is probably what you are looking for (and I like Anker):

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Anker-Deliv...rt-Samsung/dp/
B07GV63WGC

Is it definitely compatible with the phone? The Pixel C seems to be a
tablet. The phone claims to have some sort of special charging
software.

I have now found this:
https://www.amazon.de/Original-Googl...t eway&sr=8-5

Am I missing something? I have ordered from the German site before so
I don't think they object to a UK address. This could change with
Brexit of course!