Old June 13th 19, 07:01 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
Chronos[_2_] Chronos[_2_] is offline

Default USB-C question

On Wed, 12 Jun 2019 17:09:02 +0100
Scott wrote:

It occurs to me that I could buy a USB-C to
USB lead and use an existing charger.

Not all USB-C kit is born equal. Because the standard has various
voltages available instead of the older standard's 5V only, there is
the very real possibility of damage with sub-standard cables in
particular.

That said, reputable devices and cables will be fine. Just don't go for
anything unbranded and make sure the power end complies with QC3.

https://www.androidauthority.com/qui...lained-643053/

Google's assertion seems to be in response to the cheap, shoddy end of
the market. The whole point of the standard is interoperability and
reducing WEEE by making things compatible.
--
Your grandeur passes, and your pageantry,
Your lordships pass, your kingdoms pass; and Time