Old November 8th 19, 04:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.telecom.broadband
Bev Bev is offline

Default Open Letter To Mobile Suppliers

On Fri, 08 Nov 2019 16:05:28 +0000, Richard Tobin wrote:

In article ,
Bev wrote:

I ask as it is anticipated that we should be getting it also within the
next few months (once a number of trees have been cut back to permit the
fibre to be strung along the electricity poles) but reading the various
reports on the internet it seems that installation methods have changed
somewhat over time. The ideal solution, for me, would be to carry the
fibre optic cable straight through the gable wall into the loft and then
down through the ceiling into the study. This would follow the route of
the existing telephone line.

Various reports suggest that either:
this is indeed possible or that it is not and it has to terminate at a
box on the outside

Someone's recent experience would be gratefully received so that I can
begin to make my own preparations for the install.

I had FTTP installed a few months ago. The cable (which has both fibre
and copper) replaced the existing one and comes in to the house just as
the old one did, with no box on the outside.

-- Richard

Thank you Richard. I hope our install can be the same.