Old November 9th 19, 12:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.telecom.broadband
Bev Bev is offline

Default Open Letter To Mobile Suppliers

On Fri, 08 Nov 2019 18:22:25 +0000, Theo wrote:

In uk.telecom.broadband Bev wrote:
On Fri, 08 Nov 2019 14:43:48 +0000, Theo wrote:

I think FTTP gets used when there isn't a suitable FTTC solution. We
could have 'up to' 2Mbps ADSL on copper (3.5km from the exchange by
crow), and evidently this wasn't really good enough. So FTTP has
been strung along the same poles, providing (tiers up to) a gigabit
service.

Excuse my butting in here... do you have FTTP installed to your own
home and, if so, what was the process that was followed please?

[...]

FTTP was installed when we moved in, presumably by previous occupants.

Someone's recent experience would be gratefully received so that I can
begin to make my own preparations for the install.

[...]

I don't know what current install practice is.

Noted, thanks.