Old December 21st 19, 03:46 PM posted to comp.mobile.android,uk.telecom.mobile,alt.comp.freeware
Arlen Holder[_2_] Arlen Holder[_2_] is offline

Default If not the default, what free Android keyboard are you using & why do you like it?

*If not the default, what keyboard are you using & why do you like it?*

A recent thread asking about Gboard piqued my interest in improving the
stock keyboard on Android 9 Pie (Moto G7), which is just so-so, AFAICT.
o What is Gboard and what should I do if it stops?
<https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/comp.mobile.android/JTIPFL2F-1I

Settings System Languages & input Keyboard & inputs
o Virtual keyboard {Gboard, Google voice typing, Simple Keyboard}
o Physical keyboard Not connected

Where there is also a "Manage keyboard" submenu, containing:
o Gboard = on/off
o Google voice typing = on/off
o Keepass2Android = on/off
o Simple Keyboard = on/off

Given I generally remove anything from Google...
o Therefore, searching for the best keyboards for Android yields...

o 10 best Android keyboards for all kinds of typists!
<https://www.androidauthority.com/best-android-keyboards-198452/
o AI Type Keyboard
o FancyFey
o Fleksy
o Gboard
o Grammarly
o Hacker's Keyboard
o Multiling O Keyboard
o Simple Keyboard
o SwiftKey
o Typany Keyboard

o Best Android Keyboard Apps
<https://www.xda-developers.com/best-android-keyboard/
o Swiftkey
o Gboard
o Fleksy
o Chrooma
o Slash Keyboard
o Ginger
o TouchPal

o Five best Android keyboards
<https://lifehacker.com/five-best-android-keyboards-5922522
o SwiftKey
o Swype
o Google Keyboard
o Flesky
o Minuum Keyboard

o Top 10 Best keyboards for Android in 2019
<https://blogtechland.com/best-keyboards-android/
o Swype
o SwiftKey
o Minuum
o Flesky
o Kika
o Gboard
o Chrooma
o MultiLing

It's always interesting where & when the reviews do or don't match:
o 5 Best Keyboard Apps for Android 2019
<https://www.droidviews.com/5-best-keyboards-android/
o Gboard
o Swiftkey
o Smart Keyboard Pro
o Fleksy
o Chrooma

o 9 Best Android Keyboard Apps For 2019 For Fast Texting
<https://fossbytes.com/best-android-keyboard-apps/
o SwiftKey
o Fleksy Fast + GIF Keyboard
o Gboard
o Chrooma Keyboard
o Grammarly
o Go Keyboard
o Touchpal Keyboard
o Facemoji Emoji Keyboard
o Google Handwriting Input

Here's the count based only on those references above:
o (6) Fleksy
o (6) Gboard
o (6) Swiftkey
.... ... ...
o (4) Chrooma
o (2) Grammarly
o (2) Minuum
o (2) MultiLing
o (2) Swype
o (2) TouchPal
o (1) AI Type Keyboard
o (1) Facemoji Emoji Keyboard
o (1) FancyFey
o (1) Ginger
o (1) Go Keyboard
o (1) Google Handwriting Input
o (1) Hacker's Keyboard
o (1) Kika
o (1) Simple Keyboard
o (1) Slash Keyboard
o (1) Smart Keyboard Pro
o (1) Typany Keyboard

It seems there's Flesky, Gboard, Swiftkey ... and then all the rest.
o Hence I'll test out Flesky & SwiftKey.

But, before I do, I ask for advice from those who know more than I do:
Q: *If not the default, what keyboard are you using & why do you like it?*
--
Usenet is a public potluck where adults share useful items of interest.