Old August 6th 04, 10:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
chris chris is offline

Default 3 to air Premiership highlights before Match of the Day

Mobile phone firm 3 is laying down a challenge to the BBC's Premiershi
highlights show 'Match of the Day' by offering customers the chance t
download the day's top goals on their phones from 5:15pm.

Every Saturday, 3 customers will be able to download video highlight
of the best of the action from every Barclays Premiership match fro
5:15pm, before they are shown on 'Match of the Day'.

On all other match days in the Barclays Premiership and Uefa Champion
League, highlights will be available just five minutes after the fina
whistle as fans argue it out in the pub

The deal is part of Hutchison-owned 3's new video highlights package
which the 3G phone firm hopes will transform Saturdays for footbal
fans, who now no longer need to wait for hours to see the day'
highlights.

Gareth Jones, chief operating officer of 3, said: "Wherever fans are o
Saturday afternoon, they will be able to see the goals at 5.15pm -
faster than they've been able to before.

"We are delighted that our customers won't have to wait until 10.30p
to see the goals on TV. The new highlights package demonstrates ou
commitment to offering our customers the best mobile sports service i
the UK.

3 customers can get unlimited access to match highlights for just 5
month with the 3 Sports Add-on. Alternatively, customers can downloa
individual game highlights at a cost of 50p a game

The BBC paid 105m for a package of football highlights last year
which sees the 'Match of the Day' back on screens on Saturday nights

The BBC won the package after a three-year gap when ITV held th
Premiership TV highlights. BSkyB paid more than 1bn for its ne
three-year agreement to show Premier League games

--
chri
chris's Profile: http://www.mobileexpert.co.uk/mobile...etinfo&userid=