Mobile Banter

Mobile Banter (https://www.mobilebanter.co.uk/)
-   About This Forum (https://www.mobilebanter.co.uk/about-forum/)
-   -   GSM Alarm Help needed (https://www.mobilebanter.co.uk/about-forum/46824-gsm-alarm-help-needed.html)

Novocastrian September 23rd 10 03:32 PM

GSM Alarm Help needed

I bought a GSM Alarm for use on my boat (not bad for GBP128 from China) and all works well, except I can't get the images to be sent via MMS or email to my HTC HD2 on Vodafone.

Here it is:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWNX:IT

The alarm sends me an SMS and follows up with a call so I can listen in to the action (I hope it never happens!). The images it takes via a camera are saved to the SD card in the control box so I can access them when I get to the boat. However, it would be helpful if an image could be sent to me via MMS, as the unit is supposed to do. I am using an ASDA PAYG SIM taken from a mobile I no longer use and it appears to have MMS functionality according to the Asda mobile website.

I'm stumped as to why it doesn't send an MMS. These are the settings I am asked to put in to the control unit (along with the info that I "THINK" is right).

Any assistance appreciated:
Set access point (APN): asdamobiles.co.uk
Set MMS User Name: wap
Set MMS Pasword: wap
Set MMS Centre IP address: 212.183.137.12
Set Port of MMS cent 9201
Set MMS Homepage (MMS Home): www.asdamobile.com/wap

Regards
Ken