Showing results 1 to 25 of 302
Search took 25.36 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Ian Stirling
Forum: UK Mobile Phones December 19th 06, 04:38 PM
Replies: 9
Posted By Ian Stirling
No external butons

JohnT wrote:
I am looking for a handset for a builder. He requires a phone with no
exposed buttons or other controls to prevent accidental operation of the
handset whilst...
Forum: UK Mobile Phones May 22nd 06, 08:37 PM
Replies: 10
Posted By Ian Stirling
V3 Razr unlock & enable video

Jon wrote:
declared for all the world to hear...
Nothing of the sort.
Many, many features on subsidised phones are locked out.

Are they?...
Forum: UK Mobile Phones May 21st 06, 09:48 PM
Replies: 10
Posted By Ian Stirling
V3 Razr unlock & enable video

Taylor wrote:

Anybody...
Forum: UK Mobile Phones May 19th 06, 06:59 PM
Replies: 17
Posted By Ian Stirling
Whiff of WiFi

In uk.telecom.mobile Thomas Kenyon wrote:
<snip
My AP gives the missus a headache, she can tell when it's switched on or
not.

Some PSUs make very loud noises in the...
Forum: UK Mobile Phones May 12th 06, 08:47 PM
Replies: 11
Posted By Ian Stirling
Best battery for Nokia 1101?

Al D wrote:
On 11 May 2006 20:38:26 GMT, Ian Stirling
wrote:

Or if you're looking for very long standby, a solar charger.

That's an...
Forum: UK Mobile Phones May 11th 06, 08:38 PM
Replies: 11
Posted By Ian Stirling
Best battery for Nokia 1101?

Al D wrote:

Just acquired a Nokia 1101 and am looking to buy a spare battery or
three. Doese anyone happen to know which batteries hold the most
charge? The one that came...
Forum: UK Mobile Phones April 18th 06, 04:39 PM
Replies: 14
Posted By Ian Stirling
3G/GPRS for "fixed" broadband?

Forgot to mention.
Bidirectional satellite broadband is available.
It is not very cheap though.
Forum: UK Mobile Phones April 17th 06, 02:18 PM
Replies: 14
Posted By Ian Stirling
3G/GPRS for "fixed" broadband?

Robin Faichney wrote:
On Mon, 17 Apr 2006 13:00:03 +0100, Robin Faichney

My ADSL works only about 60% of the time, due to a long (8km)...
Forum: UK Mobile Phones April 17th 06, 12:29 PM
Replies: 14
Posted By Ian Stirling
3G/GPRS for "fixed" broadband?

Robin Faichney wrote:
My ADSL works only about 60% of the time, due to a long (8km) and
crackly phone line. I've given up on getting that fixed so am looking

You have tried...
Forum: UK Mobile Phones April 14th 06, 09:09 AM
Replies: 5
Posted By Ian Stirling
O2 datacard - data transfer rip-off?

Paul Beverley wrote:

I've just been playing with my new O2 datacard, and I have
discovered that, as long as I leave it connected, it uploads
and downloads data...
Forum: UK Mobile Phones April 5th 06, 06:20 PM
Replies: 35
Posted By Ian Stirling
DIY Faraday cage for a mobile phone

In uk.d-i-y Simon wrote:
Hello -

I'm writng some software to run on a PocketPC with a built-in GPRS phone,
and I need to test the software when the GPRS signal...
Forum: UK Mobile Phones April 1st 06, 09:35 AM
Replies: 5
Posted By Ian Stirling
GSM Local Signal Booster?

BJH wrote:
Hi

We have a steel framed and steel clad and insulated workshop and
office.

I think due to the steelwork and cladding we are blocking the radio
Forum: UK Mobile Phones March 2nd 06, 09:14 AM
Replies: 6
Posted By Ian Stirling
ssh accecss using o2

C. Se?or wrote:
Does anyone know if you can access SSH servers using a phone (Sony
Ericsson K750i) on O2 with Pay-and-Go? It times out connecting for...
Forum: UK Mobile Phones February 25th 06, 10:21 AM
Replies: 15
Posted By Ian Stirling
Stuck on 3

Jon wrote:
declared for all the world to hear...
For a partially functional phone, there is no problem, you just plug it
into whatever dock...
Forum: UK Mobile Phones February 24th 06, 11:24 AM
Replies: 15
Posted By Ian Stirling
Stuck on 3

Dave C wrote:

Would you similarly bitch if the network locked the phone to the sim in
the networks case, and got a model of phone made for them...
Forum: UK Mobile Phones February 24th 06, 11:18 AM
Replies: 15
Posted By Ian Stirling
Stuck on 3

Brian Morrison wrote:
On 24/02/06 Ian Stirling wrote:
As long as the phone is subsidised IMO, they have every right to do
this.

But not permanently. Once the...
Forum: UK Mobile Phones February 24th 06, 08:41 AM
Replies: 15
Posted By Ian Stirling
Stuck on 3

Steve Terry wrote:

"Dave C" wrote in message
I wonder if others will be tempted to follow?

Forum: UK Mobile Phones February 22nd 06, 11:01 AM
Replies: 5
Posted By Ian Stirling
Are phones made to break

C. Se?or wrote:
I have had my 6600 about 24 months.

When I signed up it was on contract, great phone. After around 15 months
(note: some companies with insure a...
Forum: UK Mobile Phones February 21st 06, 04:51 PM
Replies: 10
Posted By Ian Stirling
More Free O2 SIMS

Neil - Usenet wrote:

"Adam" wrote in...
Forum: UK Mobile Phones February 20th 06, 05:32 PM
Replies: 6
Posted By Ian Stirling
which phones are the loudest

Dave Stanton wrote:

Make sure you've gotten the volume set to maximum.

First thing we thought of

Ok.
It's just that some ringtones are much, much louder than others.
Good...
Forum: UK Mobile Phones February 20th 06, 07:59 AM
Replies: 6
Posted By Ian Stirling
which phones are the loudest

Dave Stanton wrote:

I know this is subjective, but which of the present models of mobile do
people think have the loudest output for calling tone. A friend has a
Samsung...
Forum: UK Mobile Phones February 20th 06, 07:57 AM
Replies: 13
Posted By Ian Stirling
Cost to Implement Blackberry

Joe wrote:
I've seen some comments elsewhere about comms boxes with built-in
SIMs/data kit that effectively allows 'free' calls between itself and
regular phones on...
Forum: UK Mobile Phones February 20th 06, 07:53 AM
Replies: 30
Posted By Ian Stirling
Orange Vs O2 coverage?

Ivor Jones wrote:

Turbohat ...
Forum: UK Mobile Phones February 19th 06, 07:33 PM
Replies: 30
Posted By Ian Stirling
Orange Vs O2 coverage?

Turbohat wrote:
Generally and very approximately, which comes off best for coverage?

And to add to the other comments - O2, orange barely gets a signal
anywhere in the house.
O2 I've...
Forum: UK Mobile Phones February 14th 06, 12:40 PM
Replies: 10
Posted By Ian Stirling
How to cook an egg with cellphone

Brian Morrison wrote:
Ian Stirling wrote:

Microwaves work brilliantly for egg timers.
When it goes bang, it's done.

"You're only supposed to blow the bloody...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 302