Showing results 1 to 25 of 73
Search took 10.09 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Arlen Holder[_2_]
Forum: UK Mobile Phones December 22nd 19, 04:16 AM
Replies: 1
Posted By Arlen Holder[_2_]
If not the default, what free Android keyboard are you using & why do you like it?

On Sat, 21 Dec 2019 16:46:56 -0000 (UTC), Arlen Holder wrote:

It seems there's Flesky, Gboard, Swiftkey ... and then all the rest.
o Hence I'll test out Flesky & SwiftKey.

But, before I do,...
Forum: UK Mobile Phones December 21st 19, 03:46 PM
Replies: 1
Posted By Arlen Holder[_2_]
If not the default, what free Android keyboard are you using & why do you like it?

*If not the default, what keyboard are you using & why do you like it?*

A recent thread asking about Gboard piqued my interest in improving the
stock keyboard on Android 9 Pie (Moto G7), which is...
Forum: UK Mobile Phones December 20th 19, 07:53 AM
Replies: 12
Posted By Arlen Holder[_2_]
Does anyone know how the PHONE ties to CONTACTS tiies to SMS on Android 9 Pie?

On Tue, 10 Dec 2019 01:19:35 -0000 (UTC), Arlen Holder wrote:

All I want is:
A. My contacts to be used by the contacts, phone, & SMS apps.
B. It's ok if they use a separate database, or the...
Forum: UK Mobile Phones December 20th 19, 03:47 AM
Replies: 12
Posted By Arlen Holder[_2_]
Does anyone know how the PHONE ties to CONTACTS tiies to SMS on Android 9 Pie?

On Tue, 17 Dec 2019 14:24:30 GMT, Pamela wrote:

I recently formatted and reset a new Moto G7. Your experiences tell me I
was right to go with Google despite them harvesting personal data.

Hi...
Forum: UK Mobile Phones December 18th 19, 09:33 PM
Replies: 19
Posted By Arlen Holder[_2_]
Why would anyone NEED to set up the Android OS to a Google Account?

On Wed, 18 Dec 2019 20:27:55 +0000, Chronos wrote:

Add _nomap to your SSID. Apparently, this is a global opt-out, although
quite how rigid they are in following this is anyone's guess and the
Forum: UK Mobile Phones December 18th 19, 02:57 PM
Replies: 0
Posted By Arlen Holder[_2_]
Bug: A single WhatsApp message can wipe out your group chats

Security researchers from Check Point found a serious security flaw in the
iOS and Android WhatsApp apps (which was updated recently to fix this...
Forum: UK Mobile Phones December 18th 19, 02:13 PM
Replies: 19
Posted By Arlen Holder[_2_]
Why would anyone NEED to set up the Android OS to a Google Account?

On Wed, 18 Dec 2019 03:10:12 +0100, Carlos E.R. wrote:

o Yet, with forethought and understanding, local backups are trivial.

I very much doubt that. Not easy nor trivial. Trivial is seeking...
Forum: UK Mobile Phones December 18th 19, 02:13 PM
Replies: 19
Posted By Arlen Holder[_2_]
Why would anyone NEED to set up the Android OS to a Google Account?

On Wed, 18 Dec 2019 03:03:17 +0100, Carlos E.R. wrote:

You took more than 50 words to explain it. That is *too complex*

Jesus Christ Carlos,
It takes you only seconds to return to posting like a...
Forum: UK Mobile Phones December 18th 19, 02:13 PM
Replies: 19
Posted By Arlen Holder[_2_]
Why would anyone NEED to set up the Android OS to a Google Account?

How many Android users have the ability to o that. I am a competent IT
professional. I think that in order to do what you say would...
Forum: UK Mobile Phones December 17th 19, 04:25 PM
Replies: 19

Why would anyone NEED to set up the Android OS to a Google Account?
o What FUNCTIONALITY does that garner you that you don't have without...
Forum: UK Mobile Phones December 17th 19, 04:25 PM
Replies: 19
Posted By Arlen Holder[_2_]
Why would anyone NEED to set up the Android OS to a Google Account?

The "functionality" of backing up apps, data, contacts, calendar, files,
photos, videos, etc., is easily done WITHOUT a Google Account...
Forum: UK Mobile Phones December 17th 19, 05:57 AM
Replies: 19
Posted By Arlen Holder[_2_]
Why would anyone NEED to set up the Android OS to a Google Account?

On Mon, 16 Dec 2019 15:05:11 -0000, tim... wrote:

lucky you,

mine didn't

or rather it didn't tell me that there were any updates

I don't know if I could have manually looked for them
Forum: UK Mobile Phones December 16th 19, 02:31 AM
Replies: 0
Posted By Arlen Holder[_2_]
Android 9 Pie trick: Add the System UI Tuner widget to your homescreen to change which status bar icons display

Android 9 (Pie)
1. Add Nova launcher free as your app launcher
2. Long press anywhere on the home screen empty space
3. Press "Widgets" in the Android 9 Pie GUI
4. Touch & hold the "Nova Launcher"...

Forum: UK Mobile Phones December 14th 19, 09:03 PM
Replies: 19
Posted By Arlen Holder[_2_]
Why would anyone NEED to set up the Android OS to a Google Account?

Why would anyone NEED to set up the Android OS to a Google Account?
o What FUNCTIONALITY does that garner you that you don't have without it?

This thread is an offshoot of this recent discussion:
o...
Forum: UK Mobile Phones December 12th 19, 06:17 PM
Replies: 12
Posted By Arlen Holder[_2_]
Does anyone know how the PHONE ties to CONTACTS tiies to SMS on Android 9 Pie?

On Wed, 11 Dec 2019 16:24:13 -0000 (UTC), Arlen Holder wrote:

The question now is how to populate PulseSMS from a local offline vcf file?

I'm still trying to figure out HOW to feed PulseSMS a...
Forum: UK Mobile Phones December 11th 19, 03:24 PM
Replies: 12
Posted By Arlen Holder[_2_]
Does anyone know how the PHONE ties to CONTACTS tiies to SMS on Android 9 Pie?

In short, once you populate the Google default Android contacts/dialer app
with your contacts (either from a local contacts.vcf...
Forum: UK Mobile Phones December 11th 19, 08:54 AM
Replies: 12
Posted By Arlen Holder[_2_]
Does anyone know how the PHONE ties to CONTACTS tiies to SMS on Android 9 Pie?

On Wed, 11 Dec 2019 03:41:05 -0000 (UTC), Arlen Holder wrote:

It's an enigma how the dialer/contacts & SMS/MMS access contact names.

SOLVED:
I figured some of this magic out; but it is NOT...
Forum: UK Mobile Phones December 11th 19, 02:41 AM
Replies: 12
Posted By Arlen Holder[_2_]
Does anyone know how the PHONE ties to CONTACTS tiies to SMS on Android 9 Pie?

It's up to those specific apps to request access to the contacts.
Then it's up to you to approve said access when the popup...
Forum: UK Mobile Phones December 10th 19, 12:19 AM
Replies: 7
Posted By Arlen Holder[_2_]
When setting up a new phone for a Google Account K-9 mail you have to allow "less secure apps" from a computer (AFAIK); but what else?

When setting up a new phone for a Google Account K-9 mail you have to allow
"less secure apps" from a computer (AFAIK); but what else?

This is the error I repeatedly get from K-9 Mail on...
Forum: UK Mobile Phones December 10th 19, 12:19 AM
Replies: 12
Posted By Arlen Holder[_2_]
Does anyone know how the PHONE ties to CONTACTS tiies to SMS on Android 9 Pie?

Does anyone know to make these three apps use the same contacts?
o Phone
o Contacts
o SMS/MMS

Android does not seem to have a separate default for each app:
<1...
Forum: UK Mobile Phones December 8th 19, 06:12 PM
Replies: 25
Posted By Arlen Holder[_2_]
Hint: Changing the camera app can remarkably improve your photo quality of results (but why?)

On Sun, 8 Dec 2019 07:24:49 -0600, kelown wrote:

My snapshots display immediately for viewing in my Simple Gallery app.

Hi kelown,

Thanks for answering that question, where I realized today in...
Forum: UK Mobile Phones December 6th 19, 11:34 PM
Replies: 25
Posted By Arlen Holder[_2_]
Hint: Changing the camera app can remarkably improve your photo quality of results (but why?)

On Fri, 06 Dec 2019 19:27:02 -0500, nospam wrote:

I've jailbroken an iOS device (to switch from AT&T to T-Mobile),

not required.

To spare the _adults_ on this ng the indignity of me having...
Forum: UK Mobile Phones December 6th 19, 10:41 PM
Replies: 25
Posted By Arlen Holder[_2_]
Hint: Changing the camera app can remarkably improve your photo quality of results (but why?)

On Fri, 6 Dec 2019 20:50:43 +0100, Alex Plantema wrote:

Does your Nokia Google Gcam APK port crash on that feedback also?

There's no Help & feedback under Settings.
Instead there's an...
Forum: UK Mobile Phones December 6th 19, 10:41 PM
Replies: 25
Posted By Arlen Holder[_2_]
Hint: Changing the camera app can remarkably improve your photo quality of results (but why?)

On Fri, 6 Dec 2019 10:03:48 -0800, The Real Bev wrote:

[1] Info on how to root with the 'KingRoot' app:
Showing results 1 to 25 of 73