Old July 28th 03, 11:25 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Default Question: siemens C35 modem (with USB cable)

I've got a Powerbook with a USB serial cable which in theory allows my
Siemens C35i to act as a modem.

The cable has a driver which allows the phone to be talked to as if it
were a serial device, and I can send it AT commands via minicom (so I've
established it can talk to the computer).

Although I can configure it, i.e. reset the phone, change its internal
settings etc..., when I dial out (to a data line) it does connect on the
phone (says data and shows a two headed arrow) but the terminal program
does not display a 'CONNECT' string so it just sits there.

All I really want to do is connect directly (no PPP) to a machine, so this last
step it a little annoying! Does anyone with experience with a C35i (PC or Mac
or indeed PDA!) have any useful pointers on how to do this?

I have no need to have TCP/IP capability - I want the old fashioned bulletin
board style service!

Ali