Old May 1st 04, 03:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Default 3g sim in non 3g phones

does anyone know of a web site which shows which 2g phones that will accept
a 3g sim card.

--
..

---

Old May 1st 04, 04:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

"Newsgroup " wrote in message
does anyone know of a web site which shows which 2g phones that will

accept
a 3g sim card.

Google Groups is your friend, although it does violate the terms/conditions
you agree to with your three contract.

Vince

Old May 2nd 04, 12:02 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

"Vince" wrote in message

"Newsgroup " wrote in message
does anyone know of a web site which shows which 2g phones that will

accept
a 3g sim card.

Google Groups is your friend, although it does violate the

terms/conditions
you agree to with your three contract.

Vince

They (or rather Tulip) phoned me from India. They wanted to deal on the
phone, and I wanted T&C and argued about the technical slug. If they use
both technical and contractual means to prevent you putting the SIM in
another phone (e.g. when going abroad or out for the evening) then they are
being ****holes and I for one won't be buying.

Old May 5th 04, 01:53 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

"Vince" wrote in message

"Newsgroup " wrote in message
does anyone know of a web site which shows which 2g phones that will

accept
a 3g sim card.

Google Groups is your friend, although it does violate the

terms/conditions
you agree to with your three contract.

Vince

Further to last, I have now had a look at their 5,300 word Terms and
Conditions, and indeed there is: -

"Each USIM may only be used in Handsets which are enabled for 3 Services.
Any attempt to use the USIM in other Handsets may result in serious damage
to the Handset and may prevent you from being able to use it, including the
making of emergency calls. In these instances, we are not responsible for
any such damage or usage problems. "

Anyone know whether the damage claim is as one might suspect the sort of
thing one finds in piles behind male cattle?

Old May 5th 04, 08:50 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Ive read posts that suggest that some phones will accept 3 sims and
some wont, and that some of the phones that do accept them sometimes
stop working with the 3 sim after a while. Maybe 3 block phones on a
model by model basis at thier end.

If this is the case, it may be that even if you do find a phone that
works, they are able to block it at some point in the future. I have
never read a report of a phone been damaged though - check google
groups and see what you can find. Dont blame me if your phone
explodes though .

Cheers,

Dave.

Old May 5th 04, 04:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

om...

"Vince" wrote in message

"Newsgroup " wrote in message
[...]

I managed to get a ThreePay SIM working in an Unlocked Samsung E700. Phone
said 'SIM Refreshing' for about
15 minutes then worked.
--
For email please use:
http://www.davetopping.com/usenet

Old May 6th 04, 04:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile
Law Law is offline

"I managed to get a ThreePay SIM working in an Unlocked Samsung E700.
Phone
said 'SIM Refreshing' for about
15 minutes then worked."

My 3G sim works in my old Startac 100 and it works perfectly. on the
Startac 100 it does not show BTCellnet it just displays "Roaming". I
read on a 3G news forum that the 3G sim would work in a Panasonic
GD55. I bought one from Argos for 49.99 paid 10.00 to unlock it.
Inserted the 3G sim and hey presto............it didn't work. I took
the GD55 back to Argos for a refund.
The experience cost me 10.00.

Law