Old May 11th 04, 02:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

Default Treo 600 + GPRS = big battery drain?!

Lo folks
On my Treo600 I leave GPRS on cause Orange charges per MB and not by
time, but a problem I notice is that when i leave GPRS on 24/7 battery
life reduces to something rediculous like 1 day only, even with very
little voice/internet use (about 20mins voice and 150KB gprs) !!
anyone else noticed this? is it a firmware "bug"? I am using an
un-upgraded Orange Hardware B fw 1.15
thx
Katz

Old May 11th 04, 08:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

On Tue, 11 May 2004 14:05:59 +0000, Katz
wrote:

Lo folks
On my Treo600 I leave GPRS on cause Orange charges per MB and not by
time, but a problem I notice is that when i leave GPRS on 24/7 battery
life reduces to something rediculous like 1 day only, even with very
little voice/internet use (about 20mins voice and 150KB gprs) !!
anyone else noticed this?

I only have the e-mail set to download 07-22hrs and will get 2 days
use on a full charge with perhaps 2 hours of calls in that time.

--
Hiram Hackenbacker
Old May 11th 04, 10:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile

"Katz" On my Treo600 I leave GPRS on cause Orange charges per MB and not
by
time, but a problem I notice is that when i leave GPRS on 24/7 battery
life reduces to something rediculous like 1 day only, even with very
little voice/internet use (about 20mins voice and 150KB gprs) !!
anyone else noticed this? is it a firmware "bug"? I am using an
un-upgraded Orange Hardware B fw 1.15

Are you in an area where GPRS reception is not good?

That sounds very low. I leave GPRS on all the time but get a weeks battery
life!

Admittedly Orange GPRS does crash out every so often though!

---